One.

A squeal echoed as her hand wiped the foggy glass, pushing the steam away from the mirror. A sigh escaped her lips once she could finally see her reflection. Her face was gloomy, matching the spooky atmosphere of the bathroom. Although the bathroom was still warm from the hot shower she had, her body felt a jolt of chills.

And she knew why.

Her eyes aimed south as her fingers started trailing the mark starting at the right side of her neck, passing diagonally by her collar bone, and dipping down the valley between her breasts. A tree. A freaking tree that started at the base of her chest and ended its branches at her neck.

Feeling tingling down her mark, she squeezed her eyes shut and started breathing in and out. She gulped once she finally felt the tingling goes, then she opened her hazel eyes once more to look at her reflection. She retreated from the mirror to pull a towel to wrap her still-damp body up, before unlocking the door and leaving the humid bathroom.

Her bare feet fluttered to the tiled floor as she made her way to her room which was down the corridor. She walked in and locked her door behind. She hardly made her way to her closet through the piled boxes and carriers on the floor of her room. Once she reached the closet and opened it, she pulled out one of the very few remaining outfits still hanging there and shoved it onto her bed. The towel soon was undone and pooled to her feet, to be replaced by the pair of white jeans and the navy-blue hoodie. After that, her chest-length night dark black hair was dried and pulled up in a messy bun.

"Alana!" She heard her mother calls her name. "Breakfast is ready!" Her mother sang.

"Coming!" Alana sang along. She then grabbed her phone from her nightstand before she leaves her room and joins her family in the dining room.

The dining room was nothing fancy. It had a table that fits six but would only be occupied by five, a bar, and two armchairs with a coffee table by the window.

"Here you are." Her mom said once she spotted her daughter. She was already placing down a plate piled with food.

Alana walked directly to her dad at the head of the table, who was scrolling down his phone, she bent over to place a quick peck on his cheek. "Morning, dad." Alana greeted.

"Morning, sweetheart." Her dad replied shortly as he put the phone down.

Alana did the same to her mother who giggled lightly, then she passed by her younger sister who was in the middle of a silly argument with her boyfriend. Alana slammed her two hands to both of the younger couple's mouths. "Not that early in the morning, please. Save the energy for the rest of your day." She playfully scolded them before she finally heads to her seat by her mom, opposing the couple.

Ignoring the scolding, her younger sister, Sky, tilted her head at her sister. "Done with packing up?"

"Yes." She replied before she shoves her eyes toward her sister's boyfriend. "Packed and neatly waiting for Mr. Boyfriend to move them to my car."

"Yes, ma'am." The boy answered, making Alana smile at him fondly. If she wasn't digging her food with her bare hands, she would've ruffled the freckled boy's hair.

Actually, she adored the boy a lot. That boy who showed up at her sister's art studio years ago with his squad, granted Sky as his girlfriend by the end of the same day. A day later, they had to face a pleading Sky, who was asking for permission to go on a road trip with her new boyfriend and his squad.

And since then, that boy, Felix, never left her younger sister's side. Years were going by for the young couple, but never he did show less love or admiration for Sky. Never he did stop supporting her and her dreams. Never he did stop being a good friend and listener to her and Alana.

Pushing forward the breakfast, Alana headed back to her room to recheck she had all her needed stuff packed before Felix started moving the boxes and the carriers to the girl's car.

At the front door of their apartment building, stood her parents, waving at her from far. Her dad was patting his wife's shoulder who was trying not to shed more tears. Alana waved back at them before she turns to face Sky and Felix.

"And-" Felix said slamming the car's trunk close. "-that's it. All loaded." He dusted off his hands.

"Thanks, Lix." Alana thanked him.

Felix made his way to the two years older girl. "Hey," He called softly as his hand reached for Alana's to hold it. "We'll come and visit frequently. You won't be alone there."

"Tsk." Alana scoffed pulling her hand. "No, thank you! I don't want to see your faces in a hospital."

"You won't be living there." Sky said.

"You know I will." Alana replied with a knowing look that made Sky sigh.

Felix pulled Sky and Alana in a group squishing hug that made the two girls groan playfully. "Ugh. I'll miss those hugs." Felix said.

"Dude!" Alana snapped pushing him away. "Stop being dramatic. And stop wasting my time." She gave her sister one last side hug. "I have to go now. Take care of yourselves, kids. And please, please, stay out of trouble. Don't get caught in your squad's twisted shit."

"Yes, sir." They both replied in unison.

Alana gave them a gentle smile before she hops in her car, starts the engine, and pulls away, hitting the road to a new city.

***

Finally back ⚡⚡
How was the first chapter? And do you remember Sky? Felix's Healer from WORDS Book?
Do you remember how he moved from Seoul to be with her?
Now we know who the girls is.
Now we know where Felix's been and with whom😎
Get ready to meet other characters that you already know as well😉