Also my brother, Ryan, wants to battle you sometime. I told him about Roy being your guardian when you were young and he's very interested in your fighting ability. He's the strongest in our kingdom, but he's arrogant about it. It's definitely his weak spot.

My mother sends you her regards and blessing. She told me to tell you she's thankful for your assistance and efforts. She's sending you a carriage tomorrow morning to bring you here for the ball. I think she's also sending her own guards for just in case.

Can't wait to see you,

Varen Nicaroff

It was then that Tory came in. She helped me get dressed, and was surprised that I still didn't have to suck in my stomach to tie a corset tight. "You're highness, you ought to eat more. 'Tis not healthy havin' a body like yours."

"I can't do anything about it Tory. I'm trying to eat, I am, but I just can't fill my stomach very much." She shook her head, a frown on her face.

"You can do anythin' you set your min' to do." With that she took her leave, bowing before she walked out.

"If only it were that simple." I whispered, going over to my vanity and grabbing my brush. I ran it quickly through my hair before pulling some of it back with my tiara. I hated to wear it, but at this point there was no reason not to. Might as well get used to moving around in it anyway since I would have to wear one as I stayed at the Hummingbird Palace. I gave myself a good look over in the mirror before I grabbed my sword, tying it to my hip, and heading to the king's study again. I knocked and peeped my head in. He was seated in the same spot, a book in his one hand, a cup of tea half raised to his face in another. "Can I go out on my own today?"

"No. Get Dimitri to join you." The king didn't even look up from his book. Though he did humorously raise one eyebrow as though internally laughing at my request. 

"Please? He's working on a dress for me for the Nicaroff ball and I don't want to disturb him." This time the king did look up.

"Take Lord Izen with you. Get to know him better." I about gagged at the idea, swallowing hard before responding. 

"But he's my sister's suitor." The king just looked at me, as if this didn't matter. "Very well." I resigned and slipped back into the hallway, closing the door behind me Lady came down the hall again, carrying what looked to be a white sheet. "Lady!" I called to her, waving my arm and running to her.

"Your highness! You should really be careful running like that!" She looked at my ankles and fussed about, as though she was worried I had broken a heel in my sprint to catch up to her.

"Oh it's ok. Can you take me to Lord Izen?" She looked at me quizzically before agreeing to do so.

"I was going to his quarters anyway." I followed behind her, not entirely surprised to find his room was next to Marie's. "Lord Izen, I have your fresh linens."

"Come in." She entered and I followed her, though I don't know if I really should have. Upon entering I was met with the sight of Lord Izen shirtless, ruffling his short hair with a towel. "Princess Erilyn is here as well." Lady announced. With this Lord Izen turned toward me faster than I thought was humanly possible. Apparently we were both flustered by the sudden turn of events.

"Your highness what are you-"

"I wouldn't be here unless it was important. I need an escort to go into town and Dimitri is busy at the moment." I turned my gaze to the floor, not wanting to embarrass myself by staring at him. I hadn't actually seen a shirtless man before, but I didn't want to study it from Lord Izen for sure.