t w e n t y - o n e

m e r e d i t h

Sometimes I regret all the things I've said to my dad and Tara. To tell you the truth, I want to be apart of their family. But they won't let me.

They expect an apology. I could, but then that would imply defeat, and I don't want that. All I want is to slowly slide back into their dm's and be happy with my family for once.

I heard that Tara is having the twins any day now; maybe I'll go see them. To be honest I'm kinda excited, I always wanted a little sister. But since I had no mother, that couldn't exactly happen.

"Mer, I'm going to work. So please, go do something today. For the past week you've done nothing. You have a week left." Addie said, I didn't pay attention.

"It's my two weeks off I can do what I want with it, and besides I can't go anywhere. My license got suspended on a count of not paying my traffic fines." I chuckled.

"Ask Jack to take you somewhere." She suggested.

"Jack, really Addie. Okay." I laughed.

"Oh come on, you and I both know you want to and he's single now. So you can make the move." She poked my sides.

"Lol, no. I'm perfectly fine sitting here in my lounging attire watching reruns of Grey's Anatomy." I pulled a blanket over my head.

"Okay fine, I'll leave you alone for today. See you later." She said before leaving.

Lol thank god.

After watching four episodes of Grey's and had a nap, my phone went off. It was a text from Ryan. It woke me up

ryan: tara just went into labor and dad wants you there to see the twins.

meredith: lol really?

ryan: yeah, we're heading to hospital now. we should be there in around twenty minutes.

meredith: umm okay, i'll be there soon.

Well dang, how am I going to get there? I can't walk because it's to far away and I'm sure as hell not taking the bus.

The only other option is to ask Jack to take me. Goody.

I slowly got off the couch and went to the door and slipped on a pair of crocs, don't judge me they're comfy and match my outfit. A hoodie and sweats. Classic hobo look.

I knocked on Jack's door, he opened it. Shirtless may I add.

"Uh, hi. Could you drive me to the hospital?" I looked down.

"Why?" He questioned. Dear lord.

"Tara is having the twins and my dad wants me to be there, so please just say yes." I begged.

"Fine." He closed the door. He came back two seconds later wearing a shirt this time.

"Nice hoodie." He nudged my shoulder. I looked down, it was the one he gave me a few weeks ago.

"Thanks, I found it at Value Village." I laughed.

Ryan met us outside the hospital room Tara was in.

"So, have the twins been born yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, actually. Just a few minutes ago, you go in and see them now." He opened the door. My dad was sitting in a chair across from the bed, where Tara was lying, holding one of the twins.

"Can I hold one of them?" I softly asked. My dad nodded and told me to switch spots with him, I did and he handed me the little girl. She honestly was the cutest thing I had ever seen.