f o u r

{I'm gonna stop putting the date on the top of each chapter from now on}

m e r e d i t h

It's been a week since "Tara" walked into our lives, and let me tell you, she's making it a living hell. I have no idea why, but she seems to think she's my new mother and she basically lives with us now.

She's constantly yelling at me and my brother. But once my dad is around she acts like a perfect angel. Plus, get this, she has a two year old daughter, her name is Isabella. All this is stressing me the hell out, Tara constantly drops Isabella on Ryan and I to babysit so her and dad can go out.

I have no free time anymore, I get home from work, then bam. Babysitting. Plus, Isabella comes in my room all the time, I have no privacy anymore. So here I am, trying to get ready for work but it always ends badly.

"Merrrrrrie." Isabella opened the door to my room, I'm trying to put my makeup on.

"What do you want Bella?" I put my eyeliner back on my desk.

"I'm hungreyyyy." She whined, oh for god's sake does Tara not feed this thing?

"Okay. Just wait a few minutes, I'll be done in a jiffy." I smiled and she went downstairs. I finished my makeup, grabbed my bag and went downstairs. Bella was sitting watching tv. You know, when she's not being the child of satan, she's pretty cute.

I poured her a bowl of cheerios. "Okay, Bella all ready." I said and she came running over.

"Thank you Merrie." She can't pronounce my whole name so that's what she calls me. It's kinda cute.

"You're welcome babes, but I have to go to work now. I'll see you later okay?" I kissed the top of her head. She nodded.

"Ryan is upstairs if you need anything? Bye bye." I said and walked outside. I stood outside my truck and started crying and I don't cry, like ever. I feel like a single mother to be honest, Tara is no parent. Neither is my dad, Ryan and I grew up with nannies most of the time. Our mom walked out right after we were born, she couldn't handle twins. So she just left. Yes, Ryan and I are twins.

I collected myself and finally got in my truck and drove to the country club.

-

"Meredith. Are you alright? You seem upset." Jack said behind me. The whole day I've been off, I've messed up several orders. I can't think straight.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I snapped. I'm sure he didn't want to deal with me, so he walked away. Smart.

I finally collected myself, again. And got back to work. I shouldn't let my dad's girlfriend's kid have this big of an effect on me.

Oh wait a minute, if Jack actually took the time to ask me if I was okay. Maybe, and just maybe he's being a a considerate person towards me. AND HE CALLED ME MEREDITH! NOT PRINCESS.

Okay. Let's just make it through the rest of the day.

"Meredith can you please report to the front desk, your father is here to see you." Mr Gregory informed me. Oh joy, what does he want. I made my way to the front desk to see him, Tara and Isabella.

"Hi Mer," Tara said. "Um, I need you to take Isabella for the rest of the day." My eyes basically popped out of my head.

"I'm not sure if you're aware, but I'm working right now." I said matter of factly. And I swear if she ever calls me Mer again, I'll slap all that make up right off her silly looking face.

"I don't care, you're taking her. Now here." She handed Bella to me.

"Dad! Aren't you gonna do something? She can't come into the kitchen with me." I shouted.