t h r e e

June 22

m e r e d i t h

It's been a week since Vanessa's party and Jack has been avoiding me like the plauge.

I mean I guess I kinda left him hanging when he said that we should hangout more. Which in retrospect was really rude.

So now he treats me like I'm nothing but a spoiled rich girl. Every time I tell him I'm not he replies with: "Whatever you say, princess." and every time I want to strangle him.

So, today on my one day off in about three weeks, I've decided I want to redo my room. Before it was hot pink and was just barf, and I want to change it. I got rid of all my old furniture and I want it to look nothing like it did before. It looked like a twelve year old threw up, I tried to make it look less like that. I just failed and gave up.

My dad doesn't even care, he just reminded me that if I spent too much money he'd cut off all my cards. But I have enough from work. They pay top shit at that country club let me tell ya.

I have a list of things I need, paint, furniture and decorations. First stop is the paint store. I decided on Maroon because I like things to be dark. I don't know why, it's just more relaxing I suppose.

So I grabbed my bag and went to my truck. Yeah, I drive an old pick up truck. Again, which is frowned upon my dad. He seems to think I'll be better off living like the spoiled brat I'm meant to be, I mean I tried doing that. I lasted about two months, but that's all people remember me by.

Meredith the spoiled brat.

I changed completely after that, I wasn't suited for this lifestyle. The only reason I've maxed out my credit cards three times is because I was buying shit for other people. Why? Because I'm a nice fucking person, that's why. But, no. Everyone sees me like a brat.

Okay, Mer. You've got things to do, so let's go.

-

You know, I didn't know it could take that long to buy paint. The fucking lady wouldn't leave me alone, I told I was fine. But she just kept coming back around. I finally broke down and told her what I was looking for and she showed me a billion swatches of paint. Every time I picked one I liked, she'd be like. "Oh, you sure? leT ME SHOW YOU TEN MORE!" I then had enough of that, picked a colour and got the hell out.

Now, I'm on my way to Ikea to get everything else I needed. Ikea is my happy place, shopping there makes all my worries disappear.

I pulled up to the closest parking spot I could find, because I knew I would be buying quite a few things.

Once I walked in, a huge smiled was plastered on my face. I probably looked like a loon, but whatever.

I vaugly knew what I wanted, but not really. So I went up to the showroom, just to see al the furniture you know, build.

Okay, since my room is pretty large, I need a bed, desk, dresser, a sofa (judge me) and textiles. Such as bed spreads, rugs etc.

I found a nice sofa, a love seat. It was grey. I liked it. I wrote down the item number so I could find it in the warehouse. Okay. One thing down. Next is a bed. I didn't want a huge one, just a single bed. A day bed.

I found one, it's white. I've decided every piece of furniture I'm buying will be white, and the textiles will be black.

Once I picked everything else out, I started to head to the warehouse. But as I turned the corner, I saw something I really didn't want to.

It was Cameron and Jack. God dammit, I just wanted one day without them. I almost fell to the floor, just to make sure the wouldn't see me. Maybe they wont recognize me, because I'm dressed differently. I was wearing black skinny jeans and a pierce the veil t shirt.