Episode 1 (Part 2)

Casting - Looknam (Som in Secret Crush On You) as Porsche's assistant, Song

———————————————————————————————

          Porsche walks into the room where a sweet and simple melody is playing. His face instantly brightens once inside. He takes off his blazer, unbuttons his cuffs and rolls up his sleeves.

          Porsche's shoulders relax and he walks easily over to the easel where his mother is painting. Porchay is sitting next to her in his college uniform, watching her every brush stroke. Chay spares Porsche the briefest of glances before looking back to the canvas.

          Porsche sits in the stool furthest from his mother, though it's still reasonably close. He looks warmly at his mother before looking to Chay.

          "How is school going?"

          Chay looks away from his mother briefly with a smile and nods at Porsche. Porsche lets out a quiet chuckle, watching Chay lean slightly closer to their mother. Chay simply lets his eyes gaze at her features, ignoring his brother almost completely.

————————————————————————————

          Kinn leaves the room a long while after Porsche had. He enters the hallway Porsche and Song had walked down earlier, finding Song standing alone. Kinn gives her a reluctant smile.

          "Alone in the hallway of a powerful family. No escort, no protection. Is that a wise decision, do you think?"

          Song begins to speak but stops herself as another person enters the room. Kinn tenses and he has to stop his lip from curling as he turns to face Vegas.

          Vegas smiles smugly at his cousin and shamelessly looks him up and down before raising his eyebrow in a silent challenge. Kinn doesn't take the bait, but simply straightens himself, fixing his jacket.

          "Where's Porsche?" Vegas asks.

          Kinn pauses to take a breath.

          "You don't know where your employer is...," Kinn says. "... doesn't this hint to you that you may not be fully capable of your position in the minor family?"

          Vegas grits his teeth momentarily then tilts his head at a slight angle.

          "I wonder if you just don't know where your lover is... interesting... Trouble in paradise, perhaps?"

          Kinn scoffs. "And where is your lover, exactly?"

          Vegas turns in the direction he had come and Pete steps into their view. Pete leaves a respectable distance between him and Vegas, though closer than he stood to Kinn.

          Kinn's eyes light up when Pete greets him.

          "Pete! You're still with my cousin, then. Don't forget that your place with the main family is here for you whenever you come to your senses," Kinn says warmly.

          Pete laughs uncomfortably and Vegas' eyes turn dark.

          Song clears her throat and the three men look up to see Porsche approaching. Porsche moves his shoulders, having put his blazer back on, fully back in business mode.

          Vegas and Pete greet Porsche, Pete's happy expression back where it should be. Kinn stands firm until Porsche's eyes finally land on him. Porsche wordlessly raises an eyebrow to Kinn, who eventually, and reluctantly, sighs as he walks away.

          Kinn hears the low chuckle of a smug Vegas with each step he takes further from them.