2

^
REQUESTED BY: anonymous

CATEGORY: angst w/ comfort short story

WARNINGS: blood/gore

SUMMARY: You are the witness of death itself, and shortly after your master had been exiled to his domain, the cultists came looking for you, to slaughter you and put an end to Narinder's cult once and for all. You manage to escape until thousands of years later, you are caught by a patrol of said cultists. Fortunately, a certain Lamb from a prophecy saves you before the cultists could lay a finger on you.

PAIRING: narinder/reader

SETTING: first half is in Anura, second is in The Lamb's cult

<>

You dashed through the uncomfortably hot, sweltering, plains of Anura, bleeding from several deep, painful, stab wounds on your back. You sliced the prairie grasses out of your way with your thorn-sharp dagger and continued your sprint through the mainlands. The grasses you sliced away had cut your arms and legs, causing an awful stinging pain that only worsened the condition you were in, but despite it all, you pushed on, determined to survive.

The followers didn't give up either, swinging their weapons and yelling out curses and insults, picking up their pace to match yours. You slid down a dip in the fields and forced yourself up, nearly slipping because of the sweat drenching your hands. You didn't know if you could carry on much longer, your senses were overwhelmed with a gut-wrenching pain that was almost too much to bare.

Several of the cultists dropped down onto the ground because of exhaustion and others lagged behind, giving you a chance to throw them off your tail. You turned your heel and jogged to your left in hopes that they'll stop following you.

You had been on the run for centuries after Narinder had been sealed to his realm, and as his loyal witness, you vowed to him that you would run away and find some way to bring him back so that you two could be reunited once again. Of course, it was going to be a difficult task to slay a bishop, but Narinder wasn't giving up, so why would you?

You ran a corner, and slid to a stop, almost falling off the ledge of one of the many valleys in Anura. Several armed cultists made their way toward you and cornered you, unsheathing their blades and yelling nonsense. You took the time to ready your bloodied blade in case they came any closer. You were confident you weren't going to survive this, when you finally took notice of how many were gathered around you. You were certain this was the end for you and Narinder's gospel.

You glared daggers at the cultists and awaited their attack, spreading your legs to keep balance and slicing the air with your dagger to warn them off and tell them that you weren't to be messed with. Of course, none of them backed off and only came closer, you were cornered and you had no way out. You braced yourself, ready for the final, finishing, blow.

But nothing came.

A flash of fluffy, white, wool was all you could see, slashing and rolling into several of the cultists, wielding a sword, slaying all the followers until none were standing, and in a matter of seconds, every last one of them was gone. Their blade turned into a crown, that sat firmly atop their head as they spread their hand over to shake yours, in which you did.

The crowned lamb must be one of Narinder's vessels, this was yet another chance to finally free the chained god, once and for all.

-

The Lamb gave you a short tour of their cult, a few of their followers coming up to welcome you into the cult, and upon your indoctrination, you immediately started helping The Lamb out with their various tasks and even offered to assist them in combat ( in response, they declined, in fear that you'll get killed ).

You ended up serving as a second in command for the cult and taking over whenever The Lamb has to go out on a crusade. You made sure nobody was dissenting and disobeying orders while they were gone.

As each bishop fell before The Lamb, the closer you got to seeing Narinder again.