"Oh my god," Rachel gasped. "You're Jesse St. James. You're in Vocal Adrenaline."

"And you're Rachel Berry and Autumn Graham," said Jesse. "I saw you perform at sectionals. Rachel, your rendition of Don't Rain On My Parade was flawed. You totally lacked Barbra's emotional depth. But you're talented."

Jesse took the sheet music out of Rachel's hands and walked away. The diva followed with doe-eyes, and Autumn followed with a feeling of jealousy.

"This is one of my favorite haunts," the older boy said. "I like to come and flip through the celebrity biographies, pick up some lifestyle tips. I'm a senior now, so this year's kind of my victory lap. Snagging a fourth consecutive national championship would just be gravy. I'm getting out of Ohio soon. I've got a full ride to a little school called the University of California, Los Angeles. Maybe you've heard of it? It's in Los Angeles. What do you say we take her for a spin?"

"Here?" Rachel asked as Jesse sat down at the piano. "I'm kinda nervous."

"Since when is there a piano in a library?" Autumn asked confusedly, furrowing her brows. "Doesn't that, like, go against the whole quiet thing?"

"I remember when I used to get nervous," Jesse sighed. "Come on. I do this all the time. I like to give impromptu concerts for the homeless. It's so important to give back."

Jesse and Rachel began singing, and Autumn crossed her arms. She didn't like the way he was looking at her. She didn't like the way she was looking at him.

Autumn rolled her eyes and walked away as a crowd started forming. She went over to the classics section of the library and looked through the books before deciding on checking out Pride and Prejudice for the millionth time.

She reached for the book at the same time as another girl, both their hands colliding. Autumn pulled her hand away and looked at the girl, who looked like she was around 13 or 14.

"You take it," Autumn said with a small smile, nodding to the book. "I've read it hundreds of times."

"So have I," the girl said, looking up at the cheerleader with innocent green eyes. "It's one of my favorites."

"Mine too," the older girl said. "Hey, do I know you?" she asked, furrowing her brows as she took in the younger girl's features. "You look... vaguely familiar. Do you go to McKinley?"

"No, but I will next year. I'm in 8th grade at Lima West Middle School."

"Oh," Autumn nodded. "Um, what– what did you say your name was?"

"Naomi," the younger girl said. "And you're Autumn."

"How do you know my name?"

"I saw you perform at sectionals last week," said Naomi. "Is it fun? Glee Club?"

"Yeah, it's tons of fun," Autumn nodded. "You know, when you're not being stabbed in the back by your so-called best friend and jerk of a boyfriend."

"What?"

"Long story," the older girl sighed. "I don't really want to go into it. Um, anyway, are you thinking about joining next year?"

"Yeah, I was considering it," said Naomi. "I love singing, and it looked like so much fun when I watched you guys perform."

"Well, how about this? Next year on the first day of school, come find me and I'll help make sure you get in," Autumn suggested.

"Really?" the younger girl gasped, her green eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Yeah, of course. It shouldn't be hard. As long as you can carry a tune, you're guaranteed to get in."

Applause were heard, and both girls looked over to where Rachel and Jesse were. Autumn's jaw clenched when she saw the love-struck way she was looking at him. Naomi looked between the two brunettes, letting out a small gasp as she put the pieces together.