P A R T T W O // Cold blades cut deeper //

Start from the beginning

My hands began to shake at the sight below me, a fast moving river flowed below us as we were high up on the side of the large, rocky hill. We were far up north after all, it seemed we could never out run water.

"What the hell do we do?!" I trembled, looking up to Isaac who had a stern look on his sweaty face.
Behind us, the sound of three pairs of combat boots getting closer and closer with each second signaled we had to do something.

Do it, jump, you want to live free don't you?

I froze, my finger tips felt cold.

The voice didn't bounce off the limestone walls like the others did, instead, the familiar voice echoed inside of my porcelain skull. I felt my lower lip tremble, I knew what we had to do.

Sidney was about to run the opposite way, all of us could tell his plan was to fight off the killers which would never work.

His cold arm brushed up against mine as he passed, his dark blonde eyebrows furrowed with bravery...cowardly bravery.

"Don't." I whispered, his brown eyes flashed down onto my face as he came to a stop. Silence, is what I wanted to hear but instead it was the laughter from the smiling man, he knew he was getting closer.

The sound was crazed, loud and masculine, something that would make any human scream on command. Ania let out a choked sob behind me, ahead of myself was the poorly lit tunnel that would soon display our murderers if we didn't jump.

I licked my chapped lips, I hadn't even noticed my hand was rested on his arm. I tightened my grip on the flesh, keeping my gaze locked with the blondes. "We need to jump." I stated, something made me push him away as I turned towards the open space in the wall that led to the running river below us.

Ania's eyes were crazed as well, alike to all of ours as the stress of the situation drowned us in the tunnel. "Y/n? Isaac, Sidney, we do...come here." Her velvet like voice was soft, she reached out her pale hand towards me, gesturing for me to grab it.

Somehow, within those seconds we were all hand-in-hand, by the edge, ready to jump.

"Ohhhh? We're doing the all, 'Let's die together' thing?" I heard a taunting women's voice muse behind us, Sidney's grip on my hand tightened at the sudden voice. "Y/n? It's such a shame that our finest proxy has to die so soon, I actually liked you! But...in the end, your times up." She finished in a soft voice, the sound of her boots were quiet as she took a step forward.

It was hard not turning around to see our attacker, but it was better than looking her in the eyes...well eye while her blade would cut through my skin.

I forced myself to focus on the scene ahead of myself, the fog just drifting over the trees, the shady sky filled with murders of crows.

I never got why they called a groups of crows a murder, maybe it's because their murderers themselves? No, their scavengers. Is it because every time a murder happens, it's a fresh meal and the murder becomes a part of themselves?

Maybe.

"Oh no you don't you bitch! Y/n, come here." The voice I dreaded was heard behind myself, Ania's palm grew sweaty with fear. We both feared the smiling man, and probably for the same reasons.

They walked forward like dogs hearding sheep, slow and quiet.

"Y/n, come here please, don't run away...you promised you wouldn't leave me." An unknown voice spoke behind us, ah yes, the voice of a human. Not a smiling sadistic killer, it was the voice of the black haired boy that would hangout with me everyday's voice. 

But like B/f/n, that boy was gone.

Dead.

I took a step forward, away from the voice and towards the ledge with the others.