Chapter 6

Damian's POV:

I was packing in my closet when I heard a deep sigh coming from my other room. I opened the door and saw my wife sitting on the bed, looking at her hands. "Raven?" I came over and sat beside her.

"What if something has happened to her and we are too late?" She turns to me, tears in the corner of her eyes.

"Raven, you shouldn't think like that," I place a hand around her shoulder and pull her close to me. "You read that letter. Emma is fine. We are going to get her back, and Emma is going to be alright."

"How can you be so sure?" she asked, shaking her head.

"Raven, I know your head is spinning with all these dark thoughts, but you need to stop. Emma needs us. She needs YOU. I can't do this by myself. I need you." I pull her into a hug and bring her close to me. "Please."

"I will try," Raven wiped the tears away and hugged me back. "You are right."

"Come on, beloved. We need to start packing," I pulled her to her feet.

"I already finished," she smiles, proud.

"Then help me," I tug on her hand. "Come here, dear." I pull her into the closet and show her the pile of clothes I have currently laying on the ground. "These are the clothes I am bringing."

"Did you even think about folding them?" She shakes her head before bending down and starting to fold my shirts. I squat beside her and start to fold my pants, and as we work together, we are able to pack my bag.

"Are you ready to see your mom?" She asks after a few minutes of silence.

"It isn't that important," I shake my head and move on.

"Damian," her hand finds mine. "You haven't seen your mother in years. You haven't spoken to her and often evade her letters. We are literally walking into her home. Are you not even the littlest bit nervous?"

"I am doing this for Emma, not for my mother," I turn to her with a serious look on my face. "I barely know my mother as it is."

"Damian," she says my name in a way that melts my heart.

"I don't like this. I don't like my hand being forced, and I never thought I would see my mother under these conditions. But I will do anything for my daughter." I assured my lovely wife. "Now, let's finish this and get going. We have a three-day's travel."

"Of course," she nods and turns back to her folding.

A few more minutes passed and we are finished with our folding. I zip up the bag and put in on my shoulder before letting her go first. We step back into the living area of our room and I quickly grab her bag before opening the door for her.

"Let's go get our daughter back," I smile down at her.

"What a great idea," she stands up on her tippy toes and kisses my lips before walking ahead of me and out the door. We head to the main entrance of the house, finding our family already waiting for us.

"Good luck son," my father comes over and side-hugs me. "I wish I could do more."

"I know," I nod in understanding. My father was still king, and this was a task that Raven and I had to do for ourselves. We couldn't go to war with my mother, even if it was to get Emma back.

"Get my grandaughter back," he nods and lets go of me. "Stay safe."

"We will," Raven comes over and hugs my father.

"Take care, dear," Bruce hugs my wife.

"We will be watching you from a safe distance. If you need us, just place a red cloth in the window and we will come running," Dick comes over and shakes my hand. "Be careful, brother."

"I always am," I nod.

Raven is over, saying goodbye to Donna, Kori, and Barbra. I wait pascently for her to finish before coming over and taking my wife's hand. "Come on, we have to get going."

"Take care, Damian," Donna nods.

"I will," I nod and lead my wife over to the carriage.

"Tell me why we are riding in carriage when taking horses would be so much faster?" Raven asks as we settle into our seats across from each other.

"Because we are diplomats," I placed my hand over hers to ease her nerves. "We have to enter like royalty, which means riding on horses would be unprofessional. I know this adds a few hours to our trip, but we can't afford to not do this right."

"Alright," she nods.

I can tell Raven is fray and lost. She has been since Emma went missing. But we are so close to getting our daughter back, so all we have to do is stick it out. I move over to sit beside Raven and place my arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to my daughter.

"Please, dear lord, help us find our daughter," Raven mumbles under her breath.

I close my eyes and silently pray for the same thing.

*********

Three days have past and we have finally crossed the boarder. I am watching out the window, trying to take in all this scenery around me as my wife lays her head on my shoulder and sleeps. I was imaging what my life would have been like if I had grew up with my mother.

But there was no point of dwelling on it any longer. I already had the life I wanted. I had a wonderful wife, and in a few hours, I shall be holding my daughter in my arms again.

"Sir," the driver said just loud enough to get our attention.

"Yes?" I peak my head out the window.

"We will be there in a few minutes," the driver nods over to the giant castle in front of us.

"Alright, we will be ready." I put my head back in the window and turn to my wife. "Raven, love. Wake up, we are almost there."

"We are?" She says, opening her eyes and looking around.

"Yes," I nod and kiss her forehead. "Get ready to get our daughter back again."

"You know I am," she hugs me before sitting up and straightening her hair and touching up her makeup. "How do I look?"

"Lovely as ever," I say as I push a strand of hair out of her face.

"Good," she smiles confidently. "I am ready."

"So am I."