xv. my hair's not in a ponytail

Começar do início

"Ponytail!" Johnny called the girl out as she entered the practice. She set her bag down on the floor of the warehouse then she walked up to him.

"My hair's not in a ponytail." She noted, showing the man her braids that she had ready for prom.

"I don't care." He pushed her to the side slightly so he faced the group. "Listen up, nerds. Today's gonna be a world of pain. Now everyone fall in." She walked next to Miguel as they looked at the new girl.

"We have a new member joining us today. This is Devon Lee. She and ponytail are our new female champions." Johnny introduced the girl to the Eagle Fang crew.

"Hi, my pronouns are she/her." She waved to the group.

"Oh, mine too! Although I don't mind using they/them as well." Zoe nodded to her with a welcoming grin as Johnny looked between the two.

"The only pronouns we accept in this dojo are sensei and student." Johnny turned to her in disbelief.

"Those are nouns." Devon corrected him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I think what I mean to say was QUIET!" He yelled to her, making both Devon and Zoe jump.

"That's an imperative." She quietly corrected him again, much more cautious.

"Get in line." He ordered, walking away from her as she walked to fall in line. "Today's lesson is about cheating. At Eagle Fang karate, we don't believe in fighting dirty. Cobra Kai doesn't follow the same rules. So we have to be ready for any dirty trick they throw at us."

"Like when Chong Li threw dirt into Van Damme's eyes in Bloodsport," Devon spoke up, referring to the movies Johnny wanted them to watch.

"Exactly. Looks like someone did their prep work." Johnny pointed her out with a proud look.

Devon shrugged, "And I saw the sequels too. Not to mention delta force, billy jack, the octagon, and lady dragon. Cynthia Rothrock is a beast."

"Hell yeah, she is." Johnny grinned, already enjoying the recruit's knowledge of the movies.

"I saw last dragon," Penis breath spoke in hope of connecting with Johnny.

"Shut the hell up, Penis breath." The blonde man silenced him. "All right, everyone, get ready, I'm gonna put you in the wringer... Except for you Diaz, you're up in the corner with me."

"What?" Miguel asked in disbelief.

"The tournament's just around the corner. Can't afford you getting hurt." He explained. Zoe shrugged at Miguel as he grudgingly walked forward, "Besides, this is gonna get a little dangerous. You be co-sensei today. Sound good? Okay, everybody. Get ready. Let's begin."

"Ponytail and Penis breath, step up." The blonde man announced as Miguel finished wrapping her arm up so she couldn't use it.
They did so as the boy smirked, recalling when she struggled with her feet. She just kept a fighting face on.

"Fight!" Penis breath kicked out first, Zoe getting out of his way before he could kick her. He went to kick her again but she was faster than him. She then crouched down and swept his leg, the boy hitting the ground, as Zoe hit him with her foot, winning the fight.

"Nice job, ponytail!" Johnny yelled out, the girl high-fiving Miguel with her nonwrapped arm. After Devon beat Bert, and Penis breath hit his head on the pole, it was time for the girls to do something no one expected.

"No trick is too dirty, and no blow is too low for them," Johnny announced to the group as he made all of the boys line up. "We have to be ready for it. Ponytail, you wait. Lee, go ahead." 

Zoe and Miguel cringed, watching Devon kick the boys in their balls one at a time.

"So, uh, have you asked sam yet?" The boy asked as they turned away from that.

"To prom? I don't know what I want to do." The girl frowned, not knowing what to do, "What is her favorite movie?"

"Of all time?" He asked. She nodded, "Uh... I think it was that holiday flick with all of the couples."

"Love, actually?" She asked, he nodded.

"Perfect." She beamed as Devon hit Penis breath. Zoe cringed when Johnny asked if they were wearing cups.

Sam sat on the couch when she saw Zoe's text to come outside. The girl scrunched her nose in confusion, standing up and going to the front door. When she opened it, Zoe ushered her to close the door. She nodded to Miguel, who blasted holy music to make everyone else think that it was carolers.

She showed Sam her first poster board. It said 'Hi' with a smiley face. Sam laughed quietly but waved to her.

Zoe revealed the next board. 'I know we've both been procrastinating this but I would love to know...'

She dropped the board, 'What you're thinking of doing this weekend? I was thinking we could...'

She dropped the card, making this one her final board, 'Go to prom?'

"Yes." The brunette beamed at her, rushing down the stairs. Her body collided with Zoe's as the girl spun her around.

AN: my standards for myself get so high when i write about my oc's relationships