What did he even want? And he looked so out of it too.

Suddenly Madison chided herself. Why did she care what was going on with him? If he looked scattered, bruised or disheveled, she shouldn't care at all.

Whatever it was, it didn't concern her. She just needed him to leave.

She didn't want him to spoil this evening that had just been going so well. No way she would allow him to come here, and ruin her day for her.

"Madison please... j-just give me a chance. I won't take much of your time. Just give me a chance to talk to you please." He continued and Madison could hear the defiant tone in his speech, but she was also going to be adamant.

She continued telling him to go away, her chest heavy as she yelled back at him.

"Madison... please. I'm not leaving until you give me a chance. Just give me a few minutes. I just want to talk to you. I have a lot to say, I'm on my knees pleading..." He uttered, but she said nothing.

Deciding to keep quiet, and letting him wallow till he got tired.

Dropping to the floor, Madison sat by the wall of the door, waiting for him to leave but true to his words, he stayed there and continued to knock, calling out her name.

He wasn't leaving, and even after minutes passed he continued not giving up at all.

Madison felt something within her clench, amazed at his relentless spirit, and she thought hard wondering if she should give him a chance, or just leave him to his self.

After a few minutes, the better part of her conscience won and sighing, Madison finally unlocked the door to face him.

As the door swung open, Damien fell to his knees, and she was taken aback when his eyes glazed over her, the remnants of tears in them.

He straightened on his knees, looking up at her hands clasped in front of each other as he began to say, "Madison... I-I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything. Everything I put you through. I was so bitter... so angry when I saw you in New York, and I felt betrayed especially after how things ended between us in the past. I've been such a fool, Madison. I'm so sorry."

Madison was dumbfounded.

She stiffened too, moving back slowly in surprise as she didn't know what to make of all this.

Where was all this coming from? She knew they'd talked about stuffs in the hotel suite but this... This was on a whole nother level.

"You have every right to hate me, to not want to see me, and yes it's my fault. Back then I didn't even know the full story, and I didn't want to, either. I let all that hate and anger consume me, that I didn't wait for you, nor try to read in between the lines. I didn't see the message you were trying to pass when you... I... I'm freaking sorry Maddie and I hate that I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself. I just lashed out, letting my fury cloud my senses and for that I-I'm so sorry." He paused, and when he looked back up, it was almost like he was trying desperately to hold back tears from falling.

Madison could only stand dumbfounded still, elbows folded as she watched him in awe and a little bit of pain too.

He continued, "I met with your brother today and he told me everything. I feel like such a fool you know. All these years I've been holding a grudge against you for something that wasn't your fault, and it hurts so much. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Madison. Damn, I feel like a fool." He trailed off.

Madison stared down at him on the floor on his knees, tears spilling out of her eyes and blurring her vision now. She didn't know what to say.

This felt unreal. Damien apologizing after all these years.

Yours, Forever जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें