2

Mushiki Arata

"I'm hooooome! Alice are you here? I picked up some senbei from Iseya on the way back from the church! Let's eat them together yeah?"

Suddenly a lively voice came from the orange lobby and Aoko and I had just returned home from school, the two of us still wore our brown school uniforms as well. Normally at 5 I would've been home too but I ended up helping the dead student council president out with her miscellaneous tasks not so peacefully along with negotiations.

"Welcome back the two of you. I can assume everything went well then?" A familiar tranquil voice greeted us from the second floor as she slowly walked down.

"I guess. Apparently that had some complaints but they agreed to look the other way. I mean you wanted that right?"

"Yes. I'm not opposed to help but it's unwise to trust snakes. It's preferable that they simply handle clean up as usual."

"Yeah, I mean it's totally impossible to work while watching over your back."

"Don't speak for us President. You're the only out of the three of us that can't."

"You..."

Suddenly Alice slowly looked up at the skylight that gave the lobby its orange lighting.

"It's clouded over isn't it?"

"That it is."

"Yes, however todays assignment comes first. How are you feeling Aoko? If you're tired you may rest first."

"Huh? Why are you concerned all of a sudden Alice, and that look is creepy Mushiki. It was just a normal day I'm fine."

As if I'd believe that.

Alice have Aoko a scrunched look contemplating what to say while I have her a blank unmoving glance.

"You two it's fine. That stuff can't bother me at home. Now then, our assignment was Wish right? The elementary suggestion. That's no problem I've got a good feeling about today."

Pumping herself up Aoko started upstairs.

"What's wrong you two? Weren't we going to use Alice's room?"

"..."

Alice ended up nodding but cared about something else entirely.

"So about those Iseya senbei."

"Yeah gimmie Aoko I want to eat mine now."

Both Alice and I stared at the box of sweets Aoko was holding. In the end the lesson ended up getting postponed until after tea and snacks. Personally I was enjoying myself the whole time, but Aoko's lesson lasted two hours and then after which they prepared separate dinners before changing venues to regroup and pass time before bed.

The sunroom that was in the east winh next to the parlor was probably my favorite spot in the whole mansion. It's commanding view of the garden and luxurious detail put into the inside made it a very relaxing space.

However...

"It's gonna be a jungle in the summer."