Heart Monitor

Scott and Jax walked into class making Stiles look up at them before instantly looking away making Scott sighed. Scott went to sit behind Stiles while Jax sat next to Stiles, "You guys still not talking to us?" Scott asked and he just ignored them, "Okay, can you at least tell us if your dad's okay? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big." Scott asked and he didn't say anything, not even looked at them.

"You know we feel really bad about it?" Still nothing, "Okay. What if I told you that were trying to figure this whole thing out, and... that we went to Derek for help?" Scott said.
"If we were talking to you, we'd tell you that you're an idiot for trusting Derek. But obviously we're not talking to you." Stiles said, still not looking at Scott.

They were quiet for a moment before Stiles started to bouncing his leg and tapping his finger against her desk. Stiles before turning around again, "What did he say?" Stiles asked,
making the both of them smile.

🐺

"Wh-? He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asked as they walked out of class and Scott nodded, "Yeah..." He said. "All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, one of you try to kill someone, and that someone's usually me." Stiles said and Scott sighed softly.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach us. we have to be able to control it." Scott said and Stiles glanced at Scott, "Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" He asked and Scott shrugged. "I don't know. I don't think he does, either." He said and Sawyer nodded slightly, "Okay so, when are you seeing him again?" Stiles asked.

"He told us not to talk about it. Just act normal and get through the day." Jax said and Stiles
gave him a look as they stopped walking, "When?" He asked. "He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work" Scott said, making Stiles and Sawyer look at each other before Sawyer nodded
slightly.

"After work. All right. Well, that gives me to the end of the school day, then." Stiles said, making
Scott and Jax look at her confused, "To do what?" Scott asked. "To teach you myself" Stiles said before he walked away

🐺

Stiles, Scott, Jax walked out to the field with the boy's lacrosse equipment. At the benches, Stiles pulls out two black strap with a digital display at its centre. "Put this on." He said,
handing it to them who took it and Jax looked at him weird, "Isn't that one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?" He asked and Siles nodded. "Yeah, I borrowed it." he said, making Jax raise his eyebrows, "Stole it." He said.

"Temporarily misappropriated." Stiles said defensively, "Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day." Stiles said before holding up Coach's phone. "Isn't that Coach's phone?" Scott asked and Stiles nodded, "That... I stole." He said.

"Why?" Scott asked, "Your heart rate goes up when you go wolf, right? When you're playing lacrosse, when you're with Alison, whenever you get angry... Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate." Stiles explained and Scott started to grow a small smile.

"Like the Incredible Hulk?" He said and Stiles nodded slightly, "Kind of like the Incredible Hulk." He said and Scott had a smug smile as he nodded. "No, I'm the Incredible Hulk." He said

"Shut up and put the strap on before I hit you with it." A few minutes later Scott and Jax stood
with there hands behind there back's as Stiles duct tapes there wrists together "This is not exactly how I wanted to spend my free period." Scott said "Ready?"

"No"

"Remember. Don't get angry." Stiles said as he set up the heart rate monitor before
picked up a couple Lacrosse sticks. "I'm starting to think this is a really bad-" Scott started to say
before a lacrosse ball soars right into Scott's leg making him groan. With a slight smile, Stiles picks up another ball and tosses it, this one nails Jax in the shoulder. "Okay, that kind of hurt." Jax grunted, "Quiet. You should be thinking about your heart rate. About staying calm." Stiles said as he scooped up a ball. "Okay, stay calm. Staying calm. Staying totally calm-" Scott mumbles to himself then lacrosse ball whacks him in the knee making him groan, "Son of a bitch." Scott said. "You know what, I think my aim is actually improving!" Stiles said.