𝑾𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

795 words                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I almost feel bad for Midari, sometimes... so many conflicting feelings.

You were freezing when you woke up, your arms aching and sore, a metal chain digging brutally into your wrists. Your uniform wasn't torn off, much to your relief, but they did little to protect against the chilled air. Briefly, you wondered if you'd been left there to starve or suffer for some sick freak's entertainment. But, when the door swung open less than a minute after you opened your eyes, you realized something.

This was going to be so much worse.

You took a deep breath as Midari stepped forward into the cell, glaring down at you. More feverishly, you fought against the chain holding your arms together, legs stiffening and clamping together in front of you. If she noticed, she didn't show it, just stalking forward, her eye never leaving you. When you looked away, gaze falling to the ground, she smirked. She didn't bother kneeling to your height, forcing you to stare at her shoes as she stood in front of you.

"So, baby, why don't you explain something to me?" Her voice was forceful, just as prideful as you remembered it being. Just as prideful as the last time she yelled at you, the last time she told said you were never going to leave the Academy again. But, this time she was sober, coherent. She wasn't mad or lustful either. Spite was the only thing she seemed to feel. "Why did you think it was fair to leave me? I was alone, then those shitty friends of yours said you didn't want to talk to me." When you didn't answer, she poked at your neck with her foot, tilting your chin up. "Answer me, Y/N. I don't wanna lose my temper again."

"I..." You trailed off, biting your cheek. Did she take you back to the cell underneath the Academy? Or were you in some bunker, deep in some abandoned woods, where no one could hear you scream? "I was scared," You admitted, your voice already shaking. "You said you wanted to strangle me, and I just got so, so scared. I didn't think I could trust-"

Once again, her foot fell, trapping your aching thigh under it. She dug her heel in as she spoke, practically spitting the words. "I was drunk, you should've known better. If you were really so scared, you should be apologizing and begging for my mercy." She only got more frustrated as you froze-up, too paralyzed to look away. You wanted to, of course you wanted to, but when Midari looked at you like that... you couldn't move. "Maybe you're just a little whore. What? Do you like all the attention it gets you? Or did you just want to get away from me, so you could suck someone else's-"

You let out a sob, fighting back the tears. You shaking shoulders must've been visible by now, your breath audibly catching in your throat. It wasn't a subtle break-down, but you still tried to fight it, attempting to ball yourself up, or stop, or do something that wouldn't make you look so pathetic. It only took a moment for Midari to catch-on, the one eyed woman dropping to her knees and reaching around you. "Oh my... shit, I'm so sorry. Fuck, fuck, you're having a panic attack and I'm-" She took a deep breath, finding the knot she'd so carefully tied. "Do you want me to get you out of here? There's a bedroom, and you need to sleep this off."

You forced yourself to nod, feeling the rope tighten before it slackened, almost falling off completely. But, it didn't, Midari holding it in place for a moment before leaning into you. "Say you love me first." She was talking quickly, urgently. "Do it. I can still leave you here."

You didn't hesitate, just nodding along, desperate to be anywhere but this cramped, tiny room, so devoid of anything comforting. "I love you. I never stopped, and I want to be with you!"

Despite herself, you could feel Midari's smile, finally letting the many, many loops of rope fall to the cement floor. You didn't care at that point, falling into her chest and letting her pull you closer. You were still crying, still breathing too shallowly, but she didn't seem to mind. Not as she picked you up, keeping you cradled in her arms. "It's fine, you're going to be alright," She mumbled, in a poor attempt to be comforting. But, she didn't sound sympathetic at all. The pure happiness in her voice far outweighed any other emotions she could've been repressing. "You're never going to leave me again, and we're going to be perfect together."