𝑨𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖

954 words ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Heyyy!"

A simple message, of which gets no response from you for a few minutes.

"How's your day going so far?"

"Mine's been pretty shitty tbh, the student council meeting went on for ever! Thought I was never gonna leave haha, and I'm awake now so I'm free whenever you want to chat!"

Checking her phone practically every two minutes, Midari still doesn't get a response from you even three hours later. She frowns.

"Hey, is everything okay? You still haven't responded to any of my messages."

Normally, even after an hour you'll respond to her. Sometimes with just a few words, but it's still something. How come you are suddenly ignoring her?

Heyy hellooo???

Finally, she feels her phone vibrate with a response.

"I'm about to gamble with that bitch from the other day. Can't talk right now."

Midari blinks.

"Oh, my bad lol"

"Message me when you're free!"

The only response from you that she gets is you liking her last message. Guess she'll just have to wait.

If only waiting for you to message her back wasn't pure agony.

Scrolling through her phone, Midari browses through some of your past conversations. You talk practically everyday, so she enjoys going back through your chats to see how far you both have progressed in your relationship. She just wishes you'd stop praising other people when she's around, especially people you find attractive.

Perhaps her tactics to divert the topic when that does happen aren't working. After all, you should realize just how much those people are absolute assholes. They'll probably just use you and leave you. They're horrible people, and :he doesn't know what you see in them anyways.

Letting out a sigh, Midari turns throws her head back. It's been hours since you sent her that message, and she can barely keep her eyes open any longer. Looks like you're not going to message her tonight after all.

Oh well, maybe she can look forward to waking up to your name lighting up her screen.

Midari couldn't have been more wrong. Waking up after her little nap, she sees that there's still no new messages from you.

A huff escapes her. Maybe you just forgot? Why aren't you messaging her? Don't you realize that she can hardly function? let alone even live when you're not interacting with her? She should be the only one you need in your life, why can't you realize this?

It's the afternoon already!

She waits a minute before sending her next message to see if you reply. You don't.

"I am awake and I'm letting the world know"

She pouts, waiting for that little icon to appear to notify her that you're online and have read her messages. It doesn't.

"Also, I had a really weird dream last night. Let me know when you're free and I'll tell you about it"

Still, no answer from you.

Letting out a sigh, Midari gets ready to leave the council office to head to the cafeteria. Keeping her phone near her at all times, she makes sure she'll be free for whenever your text comes.

Hearing her phone chime, she practically pounces on her phone, unlocking it in a hurry to see if you have messaged her. You haven't. Turns out it was just Runa asking her when their next Student Council Meeting is.

A frustrated groan leaves her lips. If you don't message her soon, she thinks she might just die.

Again, she begins to scroll through your previous conversations. Though one thing she does notice, and it's been bugging her for a while, is that the further along in your chats she gets, the less frequent your replies become, not to mention less enthusiastic. Before, you'd eagerly respond to her messages, but now, she's lucky to get more than a few words from you even on topics she knows pique your interest.

Nerves start to pick at her, eye scanning over every word to see if maybe it was something she said. To her, there's nothing out of the ordinary that would have caused this.

Perhaps she just messages you too much? Nah, probably not. But, what if?

Checking the time, she notices it's been a few hours since she sent those messages this afternoon. Biting her lip, she decides maybe deleting some of her previous messages to you might be the best course of action.

On the other hand, you have been avoiding talking to Midari a bit recently. She can get so overbearing, always wanting to know what you're doing, who you're with, when you'll be home. Not to mention how she wants to always call you every night, managing to insult your interests and ideas seemingly nonchalantly, too.

It's getting too much, and you need space.

If only you didn't feel bad ignoring her like you are. After all, she is your friend, right? Even if sometimes she doesn't act like it...

Finally, you open up your messenger app. Except, what you're not expecting to see is a bunch of her previous messages deleted from the chat's history. The stuff she sent you today, along with a few things from the previous afternoon are gone, even though you can still see the notification saying that the message has been deleted.

She can't seriously expect you to spend every moment of every waking hour with her, can she?

So you finally respond. Time to set some boundaries.

"Hey, sorry I've been busy with gambling business these past few days, Can we talk?"

And like the lovestruck fool she is, she replies immediately, her heart soaring at the thought of you finally giving her the attention he so craves.

"Of course! Anything for you <3"