CHAPTER FIVE

Alpha king Aegon pov:

After returning home from dealing with 3 wild rogues terrorizing a couple of my pack wolves while out picking flowers, I laid down on the couch in my room. A tad sore from not having to deal with intruders for a while.

It's always a proud moment as an alpha when you are able to protect your pack members.
Unfortunately, it is a painful feeling for me as well.

I lost my mate two years ago and I didn't even know her name. She was a rogue on the verge of going wild. Trespassing on the royal territory. She killed three of my guards And sadly a mother and pup that were out playing. I reached her just in time to make eye contact, feel the mate bond begin to spark and then the break and burn of it dying when the guard stuck her with his claws. 

Since that day two years ago I have become withdrawn and quit. Showing small signs of love and affection to my family and close friends. But to others I was a hard shell.

A knock came to my room. "Honey? Can I come in. It's mom." She came in and sat by me on the couch. Combing her fingers through my hair for a few more moments before speaking.

"I heard you defended the castle well today Aegon. Your father and I are very proud of you." She stated in a sweet motherly tone. I smiled and sat up. "Thank you, mother, I wish it didn't have to end with death, but a rabid rouge is to dangerous to allow to roam around." I said with a painful expression. She looked at me and gave a small smile.

"My son. I love you with everything I have. You deserve happiness as well." she cleared her throat and spoke again.  "You may not like my next words, but second chance mates are given to those deserving of it, you my just yet have one out there." she said knowing I did not like the subject.

I did not respond to my mother but got up and headed to my bathroom.  I thought of the moon goddess first choice for a mate always frustrated me and confused me as well. Why would she choose a rabid rouge as the kingdoms Luna? 

My mother simply bowed her head to her alpha and walked out of the room, knowing at the time the conversation was pointless.