She Sprained Her Ankle Trying to Flash Me

Start from the beginning

As he pulled away, blue eyes meeting mine, I squeezed his hand before taking a long gulp of my drink. I ignored the questioning look that he gave me as I pretended that there was alcohol in my drink. When I set my glass back down on the table, I found Ci staring at Milo in the most adoring, but gag-worthy ways possible.

It wasn’t like Milo was even doing anything all that interesting. He opened his mouth as he scratched his cheek, eyes staring down at the bits of bread left on his plate. His shoulders slumped as he lifted his eyes, looking out over the heads of the other diners. His eyebrows narrowed as he looked over at Ci. “Where is our food?”

“I don’t know,” She pouted, stabbing her own dejected piece of bread with her fork. “The better question, though, is where the heck is Sawyer? He should’ve been here like an hour ago.”

“He hasn’t texted me,” I said, glancing at the black screen of my cell phone on the table. Looking at Ci over the arrangement of flowers in the center of the table, I shrugged my bare shoulders. “I hope he’s okay.”

“I’m sure he’s fine.” Milo said as he picked up his iced tea.

“Did you tell him to bring someone?” I asked Ci. “I mean, maybe he didn’t want to come alone.”

Even though I was looking at Ci, I could feel Blaine shifting in his chair beside me. Narrowing my eyes as I slid them to look at him from the corner of my eye, I found Blaine sitting with his head ducked, nervously fidgeting with his tie. When he felt me looking at him, he glanced up, blue eyes widened as he tried to look innocent. I smirked at him, my eyebrows hitching high over my own eyes as I gave him a suspicious look.

“What?” He whined, looking away from me and over Milo’s shoulder. When I didn’t stop staring at me, his shoulders slumped again and he flicked his eyes at me. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Because you know something.” I told him.

Blaine and I had been together for quite a while now. Going on four years, I should have been able to know when he was keeping something from me. It was quite in easy, in fact, for Blaine was a boy who had tried countless times in our relationship to surprise me. Of course, he failed miserably most of the time because he got so nervous that he couldn’t keep a straight face and after my relentless nagging, he caved. Not to mention, when he was keeping something from me, he always tended to fidget. Whether it was his tie or his napkin or anything within arm’s reach, he was constantly messing with it.

“Even if I did know something, it doesn’t mean that I have to tell everyone.” He muttered, slowly slumping further in his seat.

“C’mon, Blaine,” Ci said, leaning her forearms against the table and giving Blaine a knowing look. “You can’t say that you know something and not tell us.”

“Seriously!” I pouted. “Is there a girl?”

Blaine didn’t say anything, just ducked his head, dropping his tie and moving his hands to clamp onto the chair beneath him. Ducking my head, I looked up at him, pushing out my lower lip and giving him my best puppy-dog pout. He purposely didn’t look at me because we both knew that if he did, he would cave immediately and any hopes of keeping whatever information he knew about Sawyer would vanish immediately.

“I think that look says it all.” Ci grinned as I poked Blaine in the arm. He glanced at me, but looked at my fingers instead of my face. I sighed, pulling away and picking up my drink once more. “Who do you think it is?”

“I hope it’s someone cool,” I said.

“Because Sawyer would totally date someone who’s uncool.” Milo rolled his eyes. “He’s a freaking pop star. He could have any girl he wanted.”