It Glows Blue When Orcs Are Close

Let us all take a moment to just absorb the hotness that is Josh Beech. He's not the type of guy I typically cast for my male characters, but, let's face it. He's hot.

7.] It Glows Blue When Orcs are Close

I spent a lot of time trying to pinpoint the moment in Georgia’s life in which she decided that she had had enough of being the perfect daughter and wanted to start climbing out of her window to sneak off into the night. Those days just seemed to blur together and I couldn’t remember just when it was that Georgia had abandoned her nights of hitting the books to go start an apartment for druggie slackers whose parents had it made for them.

Just the thought alone that Georgia was responsible for the entire idea behind the apartment building just sort of blew my mind. I had never pictured my older sister with her beautiful brown curls and floral dresses rolling on fishnets and partying till the sun comes up. I couldn’t imagine her dancing on tables or doing body shots or smoking cigarettes.

It didn’t matter whether or not I could picture Georgia doing it or not. She had everything planned out perfectly, her double life act so well done that she had us all fooled. If I hadn’t caught her climbing down the tree, then I wouldn’t have known either that my sister was taking off into the middle of the night. At the end of the day, it came down to the fact that Georgia was not at all who I thought she was.

It actually scared me to think about just how much of a badass she truly was. Not only had I found out where it was that my sister was sneaking off to, but I had also found out that she had an apartment with a fridge full of alcohol, a nightstand drawer full of condoms, and some very interesting notches carved into the side of the bed frame. Along with all of this, I had also found out that my sister had accidentally kissed another girl.

Of course, there was nothing wrong with this. If Georgia had ended up being a lesbian, I’d say more power to her. But, what made me so confused was that this was certainly not the daughter that my parents had raised. In fact, it seemed that Georgia had somehow managed to have everyone fooled. Now that more and more was coming to the surface, I was almost beginning to wonder if Georgia had even managed to fool herself.

Oliver was currently walking down the fourth floor hallway in the direction of Georgia’s apartment. He was talking, hands moving around his face as he explained something to me that I had blanked out on a good while ago. As I was walking with him, I watched the way his face moved. Every so often, he’d turn his head to look at me, brown eyes sparkling as he awaited my nod of confirmation to whatever it was he was saying. After giving me a quick smile he’d look straight ahead again, occasionally raising his eyebrows or licking his lips.

“So, you ready for this?” He asked as we stopped outside the door.

“Yep!” I nodded and knew that I couldn’t deny the exhilaration that was pumping through my veins.

Oliver went to open the door and then paused, furrowing his eyebrows at me. I raised my own eyebrows at him as I said, “What?”

“When you come tomorrow night, make sure you wear something from Georgia’s selection.” He muttered.

I gasped when I caught on and looked down at my outfit. I was just wearing a pair of black shorts and a lilac tanktop. My feet were bare since I was still holding my flip-flops in my hands, but other than that, I thought I looked perfectly fine. Besides, it’s not like I really cared about impressing anyone here.

Oliver turned the knob and pushed the door open. I followed him through, a question falling between us. “I have the key. How did you get it unlocked?”