𝟺𝟶 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗

Art by @/weepingalaxy on Tumblr!

1st Person POV -

   Somehow, Tubbo survived.

   He suffered great injuries but, with my aid, he was able to recover.

   His body was now covered with ugly burn scars, his skin only being able to be described as crispy. He complained of terrible pain but no attempts to relieve it proved successful.

   Instead, he's suffered for a few weeks, absolutely bedridden. I had taken him to rest in my original house. It was the only appropriate option.

   I stayed by his side at all times, only accepting one visitor. With no known family members, I allowed Tommy to visit. Nobody else.

   Tommy was petrified when Tubbo faced the blast of the fireworks. He ignored his orders to stay hidden and dashed as fast as he could to the box Tubbo had been trapped in. Once he retrieved his almost-dead friend, he brought him towards me. With tears streaming down his face, he put Tubbo into my arms. It became my responsibility to make sure his heart doesn't stop beating.

   When Tommy visits, he stays silent. Tubbo tries to have the same conversations they used to have, but Tommy finds it hard to find any positivity. One time, as he was leaving, he even turned to me and muttered, "I can't go back to normal, when I can't even recognize him anymore. I just... can't."

   He walked to Pogtopia in shambles that day.

   I didn't do much anymore, except make sure Tubbo was doing alright. When I wasn't doing that, I was looking through my old belongings I had left behind. Especially the books I owned to research what the cause of the voice in my head could be.

I merely glanced at the old notes I took. They felt as though they were just ramblings the more I observed them now. My handwriting had been atrocious due to the amount of sleep I had gotten during that time (more like a lack thereof).

It was a miracle how Tubbo even survived the attack. I would rather call what happened that day an attempted assassination.

A lot of his skin was burnt upon the impact of the firework, along with his right eyeball which was severely damaged. All of them were easily 3rd-degree burns. He also lost all his vision in his right eye.

I ended up having to research multiple medical books for the proper treatment. With my previous knowledge and the new stuff, I was the closest thing he had to a professional.

The worst part was removing all his dead skin. I waited until the skin was no longer tender, but he was still in agonizing pain for the two hours it took for the removal. No painkillers helped.

Now all I had to do was monitor his vitals and distribute painkillers and antibiotics. I read that when a patient suffers an injury caused by an impact with a blunt object, they could experience internal bleeding, haemorrhaging, and severe damage to common and vital organs. At any moment he could experience breathing problems or even have his heart stop beating.

   Today, I was bandaging up a wound that opened up again, when Tommy suddenly ran through the door.

   "Y/N! Y/N!!" He breathed heavily, yelling my name in obvious distress.

   I cut off the excess bandage. "Quiet down, please. What do you want?"

   Tubbo smiled at the sight of his friend, his non-covered eye brightening up.

   Tommy took a moment to compose himself, bending over and using his knees for support as he tried to breathe normally.

   "Wilbur."