Beast!Katsuki x Princess!Reader(Au) - Thorns & Shadows

This is going to contain - Parental Neglect/Abuse, Physical torture, Body shaming, Blood, Sexual situations, Attempted Sexual Assault by a parent, Groping.

The Emperor of Dragons & Shadows has made a most sudden declaration that he will take the young Princess of the Osrirus Kingdom as his bride. Everyone knows him as a powerful and monstrous being that rarely leaves his own land if not expanding his territory. 

Magic is strictly forbidden in the land of Osirus as out lawed by your Father and the generation of Kings that came before him. Fate had it's own cruel intentions when you were born with magic, not just any but the usual kind that you can't control. Your days since birth are marred with loneliness. Maybe it's not such a bad idea when a man wants to take you away.

Is he as much of a beast as his legend foretells? What will he think of your magic? Is there a chance for romance on the horizon? Find out what happens along the way, in this tale that is as old as time.

------------------------------------

"The King is in a bad mood today, so I suggest you tread lightly."

"Can you blame him? Another one of 'those' incidents happened."

"If she was anyone else the freak would of been killed already."

"Even our King makes mistakes, she will destroy us all. I know it."

From behind the nearby wall, your lips thin into the well known emotionless frown you've adopted for as long as you can remember. The two maids are talking about how you accidently caught a curtain in the hallway on fire. No real damage had been done. The flames doused quickly while you'd been shoved to the ground and ignored as per usual.

It had never been your intention to use the magic you'd been born with. A bad feeling has been brewing in your chest for days. When you fell deep anxiety it tends to spark your power. Fear seems to be an igniter of sorts. Thinking about peaceful thoughts has become the equalizer to that feeling but nothing you ever did stopped people from seeing you as an abomination.

Your eyes drift down to the white gloves shaping your fingers. The punishment for what happened earlier had been several whacks across your knuckles with a thick ruler. Even though no one cares you've chosen to hide the bruises. All you can think is this is better than the lashings.

The man you call your father, current ruler of the beautiful land of Osirus has taken it upon himself to inflict immeasurable tortures on your body for simply being your mothers daughter. It's not your fault that he fell for a beautiful woman that just so happen to be a witch. That he had made her his Queen, only to find out she possessed the ever forbidden elements of magic.

Just thinking about her brings a soft sensation to your chest. There is a lot about your childhood that you don't remember, but she was not the monster everyone here would make her out to be. She'd been a wonderful mother, always enchanted you at bedtime with wonderous tales of beautiful worlds where happiness was a simple turn of a page away.

Those stories are probably one of the major reasons you love diving into new books. The other is quite sorrowful, as the real world you live in is quite horrible. Your heart pleads for the moment when your story becomes a fairy tale, but have been brutalized enough to know people don't always get the happy ending they want.

Sometimes a wicked thought crosses your mind, where you think maybe you'd have the loving doting father of your dreams if your mother had kept her secret hidden better. This thought quickly fades because even at 5 years old watching her being burned alive as a spectacle in town square, you knew she had never deserved such a painful death.