𝟬𝟬𝟭. 𝗈𝗇𝖾

DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER. MANGA SPOILERS, IMPLIED(?) RACIAL DISCRIMINATION, HUNTING DOGS, CORRUPTION

[ FEW MONTHS LATER ]

You've been in Japan since then.

It's been about.... three months already? You were not sure. You have been burdening yourself with all the information collection work since the very day you arrived in Japan (you'd be lying if you claimed that you didn't pull that just to avoid your... very eccentric new colleagues). Not only that, you have been busy collecting data for the Hunting Dogs all the while digging confidential information for the Decay of the Angels.

One of the world's strongest military unit and one of the world's most dangerous terrorist organization in one package? Oh, what a joy.

Simultaneously collecting data for the greater public good and for spreading mass terrorism — your life was one big juxtaposition in itself.

At some point in your life, you used to think you held a neutral ground. Certainly, joining hands with the Chinese Communist Party already made you look bad enough, but you knew better than to oppose them (as an ability user yourself, no less). Refusing to affiliate with them would've placed you on a vulnerable spot and you likely would've gotten exterminated alongside the ability users on run. You couldn't have fled either, the borders of the country were heavily guarded and lord knows what types of mental gymnastics have the authorities been pulling in order to test the people with the aim to find the gifted who were attempting to leave the country.

You were in a tight spot, so to say. Always have been. Even back then, whenever you stumbled upon an injured person — be it your colleague or an innocent lady who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, you couldn't heal them with your ability out of paranoia and fear that they'll rat you out the moment you let them off the hook thereafter.

Not like the situation has changed for the better now. In fact, you felt like you just got dragged deeper into the rabbit hole of this cruel, cruel world of politics.

Now, you were associated with both the guardians of justice and the demons befallen on this mortal realm from hell.

Anyway, you're not exactly in the best spot as of now. But your current lifestyle is alot better than in China. Hell, you're surprised by how cooperative you were with the authorities back then — with their outrageously strict regulations and constant monitoring, that is.

Fukuchi kept his word and somehow got you bypass the whole surgical procedure system and managed to get you recruited in his unit. Even though he already let you on about his plans beforehand, you couldn't help but shudder by how much influence he held — to the point that even the government didn't meep a word against his blatantly suspicious decisions.

This was the man the Japanese government trusted with their lives — this man was leading a terrorist organization right under their noses for God's sake!