Light snoring beside me caught me by surprise. The exhaustion finally took him over. He looked seraphic. I brushed back a few strands of hair on his forehead. He stirred when I tried to keep the travel pillow around his neck. But soon went back to sleep with a smile when I whispered sweet things in his ear.

I knew that I would take care of him but not like this. Travelling around the world, hand in hand was never my plan. He was making my heart race which was unacceptable. The more I thought of hating him the more I was allured by him. He might not be the sweetest or kindest person on this earth but he was caring and benign. But still, it doesn't change the fact that he killed and therefore tortured those sick freaks.

I sighed on my double thoughts.

______

We were seated on a Royal Antique Purple Carved Sofa which went very well with the classical interior of the mansion. The sofa's seemed quite comfortable too. The huge chandeliers hung everywhere on the high ceilings. The walls were filled with many expensive paintings. It felt like I was sitting in a museum.

Feeling out of place had become my hobby now.

Hayder sat beside me with a poker face. Nobody would have any idea that he was all tensed up before entering the large gates of this estate. Indeed he was very good at hiding his emotions.

We had some distance between us but still his cologne filled my nostrils making my insides all mushy. He had worn a formal black trousers with a black shirt.

My husband was a sight for sore eyes.

And I had worn a mocha dress with a beige hijab and beige flats. I was even holding a Chanel bag which was so not me. My lovely husband decided my outfit today as he was doubting my styling abilities and skills. I trusted him as I wanted to look as decent as possible to my in-laws. It was my first time meeting them for god's sake. I was a basic nerd who was happy in her loose fit pants and loose crop tops. Sometimes even, Kurta's.

Being comfortable was my incantation rather than those bimbo's who have trouble in their breathing after wearing those tight body clenching dresses. They even had to sit and get up very carefully. I mean, really? 

After fifteen minutes a middle aged man appeared in front of us. He was tall and intimidating. I knew who he was the moment I saw his eyes.

"Dad." Hayder stood up and briefly hugged him. The fool didn't even greet his father.

"Murat." His father tapped his back with a light smile. So light that I had to narrow my eyes to see if I was seeing right. "You seem a bit leaner from the last time I saw you." He said while pressing Hayder's arms.

"Enough meeting you. Now I want to meet my beautiful daughter-in-law." He smiled warmly and I smiled back greeting him.

"Meet my lovely wife, Yumna Ali." Hayder stated. And it was the first time he smiled after coming here.

"How do you do, young lady?" His British accent suited very well on him.

"Nice meeting you, sir." I said nervously.

"Sir? Call me dad." He smiled warmly. Dad? I paused not knowing what to say. God, he would surely get offended.

"It's okay if you don't want to. I can wait." He broke my thoughts by patting my head. I knew that he was a warm person though his strong demeanour.

"Let's have diner. Shall we?" He asked again and we both nodded. He led the way and we followed him.

"Hope you both didn't had any troubles coming here." His father spoke while showing us way.