New Rules

"Dad, I'd like you to meet Logan Huntzberger and Colin Mcrae." Serena introduced the boys on Friday night after they had arrived at the Hayden residence.
The meeting that Christopher had requested had been easy to arrange. Straub and Francine had been thrilled to hear that she was inviting Colin and Logan over for dinner and the boys had been surprisingly easygoing about it. Though they planned to escape after dinner and hit up a party at Seth's.
Christopher smiled and shook each of their hands. "I've heard a lot about you two," he commented as they walked into the living room.
"All vicious lies, I'm sure," Colin said with a grin, casting a teasing look at Serena, "This one is the real troublemaker."
"Oh, don't worry," Christopher said with a laugh, "I know exactly how much of a handful my daughter is."
Serena stuck her tongue out at her father, causing all three of them to laugh.
"She's one of a kind," Logan agreed.
"I keep telling you, I'm two of a kind." Serena corrected.
Logan laughed. "And I keep telling you I don't buy it. Twin or not, there's no one like you Serena."

"He's got that right," Christopher agreed, "Rory's great but very different. She's not the wild child that this girl is."

"Are you spreading lies about my granddaughter?" Francine asked as she and Straub joined them

"Are you spreading lies about my granddaughter?" Francine asked as she and Straub joined them. "We all know that Serena is a perfect angel." Francine turned to the boys with a smile. "Colin, Logan, I'm glad you were able to join us tonight."
"Thank you for inviting us, Mrs Hayden," Colin said, shaking her hand and then Straub's. Logan followed suit, echoing his sentiments.
"Serena's friends are always welcome here," Straub told them.
Her socially acceptable friends, Serena corrected silently. And not her sister. She tried to imagine her grandparents' reactions if she brought Rory home.
"Can I get you something to drink?" Straub asked.
Both Colin and Logan asked for a soda and Straub motioned for the housekeeper to get it for them.
"Logan, I'm looking forward to visiting the Hamptons house this summer," Francine told him after they were all settled with their drinks.
"We're looking forward to having you," Logan told her with a charming smile and then he turned to Serena. "You are going to love the Hamptons house and we have so many plans. The whole gang is going to be there, though not all staying with us, of course."
"I can't wait," Serena said with a grin.
"I hope you don't object to us keeping Serena a little longer?" Straub asked Christopher. "The trip to Hamptons will be good for her."
Serena knew her grandparents were seeing it as an opportunity for her to socialize with the right people, while she saw it as a chance to party with her friends for two weeks.
"It's what she wants," Christopher said with a shrug. He turned his attention to Logan. "So it's your family's home."
"Yes," Logan confirmed.
"And you'll be there as well?" Christopher asked Colin and Serena could see him taking note of the fact that while Serena sat between the boys on the couch, it was Colin's arm that was resting on her leg.
"Yes," Colin confirmed, "I'll be staying with Logan's family."
"The house has plenty of bedrooms," Logan assured him, obviously catching on to the fact that Christopher didn't seem thrilled with the arrangement, "my parents tend to fill it with guests all summer, which means that the younger generation will all be doubling up. Serena will be sharing a room with my sister, Honor."
"Serena will be under our care, Christopher." Francine interjected, "you don't have to worry."
"I guess not," Christopher conceded, but as he looked from Colin to Serena, she could tell that for some reason, her father was apprehensive about the idea and she had no idea why.
__________________________