Family ̶R̶e̶u̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ Feud

"I'm going to take S and Dad to meet Dean

"I'm going to take S and Dad to meet Dean." Rory told her mother enthusiastically the next morning. "He's playing softball."

"Sounds good." Lorelai told her, then turned to Serena.
"How about you come by the Inn after that? Give your Dad and Rory some alone time and come hang out with your mom? I know Sookie would love to see you."

Serena  smiled.
"That sounds nice." She turned to her sister. "Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, that's great." Rory told her, excited at the idea of being able to show her dad all around Stars Hollow. "I'll give Dad the grand tour."

Though the location was new, Christopher having never visited Stars Hollow before, this was how it usually worked when they were all together. Christopher and Rory spent time together while Serena and Lorelai did the same.
Everyone making up for lost time and trying to cram  as much time together as possible into one short visit.

The twins usually spent their bonding time during Serena's visits to Stars Hollow or Rory's visits to see their dad. Rory wondered what it must be like to have a family where you didn't have to say goodbye to your sister all the time and where you saw your dad more than a few times a year.

Well, maybe that would change, she thought to herself.

Christopher had come to them and brought Serena with them, they were all here, together, for the first time and maybe that was a step in the right direction. Maybe they wouldn't always have to say good-bye.
__________________________

"Oh, Rory he's hot." Serena said, spotting her sister's boyfriend right away.
"Tall, athletic, great smile. You've  good taste sis"

Rory smiled. "Thanks."

"Which one is he?" Christopher asked curiously.

"Over there " Rory said, pointing to Dean.
"And that's Luke, the one he's arguing  with."

"The diner guy, right?" Christopher asked.

"The diner guy." Serena confirmed, she knew Luke well from her previous visits to Stars Hollow.

She watched Luke and Dean argue for a few minutes, until Kirk made a few too many obnoxious comments, causing Luke to go after him.

At that point, Dean came over to them.

"Hey." He said smiling at Rory.

"Hey " She told him, smiling shyly back at him.
"Dean, this is my dad. Dad, this is Dean."

"Dean." Christopher greeted.
"Uh, nice to meet you." Dean said awkwardly.

"This is Serena" Rory said then, directing Dean's attention away from their father.

Dean looked at her and blinked.
"I thought you were twins?..." he asked confused having heard of her through Rory

"That's the common reaction, we're fraternal twins" Serena said with smile