Run, Rory, Run

"So what do you think?" Lorelai asked the girls

"So what do you think?" Lorelai asked the girls. She'd taken them out to the old Dragonfly Inn, the one that Rachel had shown her.
Sookie was there too, exploring the actual Inn, while Lorelai and her girls sat on a blanket outside.
"It's got a great view," Rory told her.
"Good highway access too," Serena added, then grinned. "Though, you might want to do a few repairs."
"Just a few." Lorelai agreed.
"I love that window back in the..." Rory said, then trailed off, looking at Lorelai.
Lorelai shrugged. "Library? Oh, no, lobby. No, uh, bathroom?"
"I'd get that decided before you open," Serena said dryly.
Lorelai laughed. "Might be a good idea."
"There's absolutely no kitchen space here," Sookie told her, coming out to the front porch. "How are we supposed to open a bed and breakfast when there's no place to cook breakfast? It's just a bed. We'll have to charge half price."
"We'll build a new kitchen, Sookie." Lorelai soothed.

"I'll need plenty of ventilation." Sookie warned her. "And an area for an outdoor fireplace for barbecues. Plus storage. Where do these people put anything? Ooh! And a pantry. And a canning room. And I'd love to smoke our own meats."
Lorelai exchanged amused smiles with her girls at Sookie's list.
"Absolutely," Lorelai promised, though she was wondering why they'd need to smoke their own meats, she wasn't the chef.
"I don't know if this is gonna work," Sookie said doubtfully. "I mean, I have to do some floor plans. Where is that plumbing?" Sookie walked away, still mumbling to herself.
"Wow, your own inn," Rory said in amazement.
"Cool, huh?" Lorelai asked happily.
"Very cool," Serena replied with a smile. "You know there's room for horses."
Lorelai smiled. "I think so too. Horses would be nice." They would be, very rustic.
"It's gonna be a really big job," Rory warned.
Lorelai nodded. "Yeah." She knew that. She know that it would take a lot of work, that it wouldn't be easy and that they wouldn't be able to do it right away, but...
"So how long do you think before you guys own this place?" Rory asked.
"Oh, sweetie, it's going to be a very, very, very long time," Lorelai told her.
"You think it'll still be here?"
Lorelai looked at the inn, which was falling apart, and saw the screen fall off the hinges.
"I think they've got a good shot," Serena said dryly.
Lorelai chuckled and ruffled her daughter's hair. "I think your right, kiddo, we've got a shot."

__________________________

"Hey, Princess." Christopher greeted Serena that night, over the phone.
"Hey, Daddy," Serena said with a smile, leaning against her pillows.
"Been keeping out of trouble?" Christopher asked.
"To a point," Serena answered.
"That's my girl," Christopher replied and she could tell he was smiling. "How are your mom and Rory?"
"They're good," Serena told him and then filled him in on all the latest news.
"How would you feel about staying on the East Coast?" Christopher asked her.
"You want to move back to Connecticut?" Serena asked, surprised.
Her father liked having distance between him and his parents.
"No," Christopher told her. "I've decided to open offices in Boston."
"You mean like instead of the HQ in California?" Serena asked warily.
"Yes, just feels right and that I'm ready it's going to be a big undertaking," Christopher told her and then explained it. "So what do you think, kiddo? Would you like to relocate to the East Coast?"
"Definitely," Serena said enthusiastically. Boston, that would be perfect. Far enough away that she wouldn't have to see a lot of the grandparents, but close enough that she could see her mom and Rory often, as well as still hang out with Logan and Colin.
"All right," Christopher told her. "So, I'll set everything up. Just don't say anything to your mom until I decide for sure, okay?"
"Sure." Serena agreed, knowing with Christopher that was for the best. After all, things did have a habit of falling through where her dad was concerned.