The Great Animal

JUNGKOOK POV

He wanted to touch her, but he was afraid to hurt her.

"What have I done to you?" he whispered.

He finally lifted her shoulders and braced her body against his. Her head slumped backward, and he gently cradled her head and placed it against his shoulder.

"Forgive me, Y/n. Forgive me," he choked.

Cradling her upper body, he rocked their bodies back and forth as tears landed on her shoulder.

"Jungkook?" her voice whispered.

Pulling away, he watched her lift her head to look at me.

"I'm here," he whispered, smiling at her.

Her complexion was pale, and her eyes showed her exhaustion.

"Jungkook... My chest... It's so painful..." she whispered.

"I'm here; you'll be okay."

"I think I'm..."

"No, you'll live, Y/n. The vow I made was for you," he whispered, fighting back his tears.

"I know," she whispered, her hand resting against his cheek.

"I love you, Jungkook."

Her hand slipped from his cheek, going limp.

"Y/n? Y/n?" he whispered repeatedly.

Bringing her body close to his again, he sobbed, her heartbeat stopping.

"You're highness?" Jimin asked, coming up to him.

"I made the vow for her," he whispered.

"She's gone. Let her go," Jimin whispered.

Allowing Jimin to lay her body on the ground. Jungkook stood.

"Did you hear! I made the vow for her!" he shouted.

"There's no need to shout," Yoongi whispered.

Standing up, he saw Yoongi coming towards her body.

"You can't let her die!" he growled.

"Is that a threat?" he coaxed.

"Don't you dare let her die!" Jungkook said, grabbing him by his shirt.

"Ooh, it is a threat," he teased.

"You're the only one with the power to save her. Now do it!" Jungkook growled, shoving Yoongi away from him.

"Only if you defeat... me," he growled.

The light around him began to turn red until it disappeared, revealing a giant dragon.

"The great animal," Jungkook whispered to himself.

The Dragon flew into the air before soaring back down toward him. Jungkook lunged his sword at the beast, but the Dragon deflected him.

"I won't let her die," he whispered to himself.

The Dragon snorted at him before flying high into the clouds. Turning his body, he watched and waited for the beast to return. The sound of growling echoed behind him. Turning, he saw the Dragon coming straight for him before shoving him against a tree, taking his sword in its mouth, and shattering it.

Determined to save Y/n, he charged toward the beast, unsure what to do. The Dragon grabbed him shoving him against the ground.

Turning his head, he saw a large rock and smashed it as hard as possible against the Dragon's foot.

The Dragon screeched in pain, letting him go. Rolling from underneath the Dragon, he looked around for any weapon. Only finding a tree branch, he held it like a sword, praying for any solution.

"Hey, over here, you dirty reptile!" Jimin shouted.

The Dragon turned and chased after Jimin before slamming Jimin's body into the lake. The Dragon immediately u-turned and came after him again.

Running as quickly as he could, Jungkook tried looking for any solution but was quickly picked up by the Dragon.

Grunting in pain, the Dragon flew around, making sure his body was shoved into trees and branches before dropping him to the ground.

Searching for the branches, Jungkook tried to brace his fall but landed with a hard thud.

JIMIN POV

After being thrown into the lake, Jimin came up for air, but a shadow caught his attention. Swimming back towards the bottom of the lake, Jimin saw Jungkook's bow.

He paddled as hard as possible with Jungkook's bow in his hands before throwing it on the beach. Jin quickly went towards Jungkook, trying to wake him as Jimin approached the lake.

"JUNGKOOK!" he shouted, the prince motionless.

"JUNGKOOK!" Taehyung shouted.

Jungkook immediately lifted his head and grabbed the bow in front of him. He reached behind him expecting to find his pack but found nothing.

"Oh please," Taehyung whispered as he held the arrow towards Jungkook.

"What are you doing? We're trying to save him, not kill him!"

"Now!" Taehyung shouted, releasing the arrow.