Moon

Y/N's POV

Your body sat at the surface of the lake. Everything was so confusing. One moment you were a girl, and the next, you were a swan.

"Now, don't let my little spell make you sad, Y/N. It won't even last the whole day. As soon as the moon comes up," he said, gesturing to the moon.

Turning to look at the moon, you saw as the water around you began to glow gold, the water rising above your body before disappearing. Lifting your hands, you realized you were no longer a swan.

You walked back towards the shore, your shoes now wet.

"And that's how it works—every night. You have to be on the lake, of course. And when the moonlight touches your wings... Now look, Y/N, this sort of thing doesn't give me any pleasure. Well, maybe a little bit, but what I really want is your father's kingdom."

"Take it then! You have enough power!" you growled, turning to face your capture.

"No, I tried that already. Once you steal something, you spend your whole life fighting to keep it."

He smiled at you before deep red flashed, blinding your vision for a moment. You noticed that the dress you were once wearing was replaced with a white wedding dress.

"But if I marry the only heir to the throne. We'll rule your father's kingdom together. Legally. King and Queen, you know?" he asked.

"Never!" you shouted, pulling away from his hands, that were grabbing at you.

"Why not?" he asked, his breath blowing in your face.

"You're at least twenty years old than me!" you argued, walking away in the long wedding dress.

"I could make this simple for you. You marry me, or Jungkook dies."

"No," you whispered, looking at his black hair brushed behind his ears.

"It's simple. What's your choice?" he pushed.

"I-I c-can I answer y-you t-tomorrow?" you asked, trying to steady your heart.

"Of course, but remember, as soon as the moonlight leaves the lake, you turn back into a swan. No matter where you are."

Turning to look at him, you could feel tears stinging your eyes. Your hope was to stall him long enough to find Jungkook for help.