~04~Rolling in her grave

(Athanasia POV)

When I walked at night around Ruby Palace. I heard a silent cry of a woman in one of the rooms of servants. The voice was familiar to me. This voice was calming me down many times but now it was hoarse because of crying. I walked to the doors and in the crevice between the doors I saw Lily. She was kneeling at the floor like she was praying to someone or to something with tears in her blue eyes.

"Forgive...me Lady...Diana...*sob*"

"I couldn't...protect *sob* her"

The tears from her eyes after these words were falling even more frequently.

I have no idea about who Lily's talking about ,but one is obvious this person must be important to Diana.

'It's somewhat fishy.'

~The next day~

(Athella/Elaine pov)

"Lady Elaine, Marchioness is calling you"

A week had passed since I arrived to the mansion. And from that time I started my successor training. I'm only heir in name but I'm still learning things which help me to become a successor. Also thanks to that 'Training' I can learn more and more about this world. Of course I learned many things before, but the most I was invested in my magic control training.

In the last few days most of the time i had my swordsmanship lessons and... it's hard. I completely don't get it. I don't know if it's a problem with me or with the teacher. When I told Kylan about it at first he was like you will get it with time if you will practice.

But now we think that this, the best swordsmanship instructor is only a scammer who uses money to strengthen his position. Kylan investigated him, that's how we know who he's. That's why Kylan suspended my swordsmanship lessons till he'll find a new teacher.

"Aunty Sia, I'm here!!"

I walked into the room where Sia was and I sat on the couch opposite her.

"I see you're already here Lainie"

She stood up and she ruffled my hair.

As always I was wearing simple jeans and a white shirt and my hair was tied in a high ponytail.

Sia sat again at her place on the couch.

"You see. Lainie as you already know Diana was my friend"

On her lap was a box. When she said the last word Sia brushed gently the box.

"Yes, you mentioned it earlier."

Sia opened the box and she placed it before me. In the box was a beautiful tiara decorated with dark-blue crystals and on the ends of the tiara was a metal in the shape of leaves.

"This tiara is the last thing that Diana gave to me. And behind this gift an interesting story is hidden."

Sia took the tiara out of the box and looked at it with eyes of longing. After that her gaze landed on me.

"I want to tell you this story. Of course if you want to hear it"

Sia takes a sip from her teacup with her natural smile.