Chapter Twenty one

Anastasia's Point Of View:

I stood in the entrance, afraid to move. Flashbacks of the last time I was here, at Escala, kept playing over and over in my mind.

Everything was the same yet, different. I knew Christian was waiting for me in his office but, I couldn't get my feet to move.,

"Did you forget your way around already?" Christian strolled in, dressed as if he were about to head to a meeting. There was relief in his eyes, so I knew that whatever is going on is, SERIOUS.

"What's going on, Christian?" I manage to whisper, staring right into his eyes.

Christian sighed and ran his hands through his hair, "Would you like to sit? Can I get you something to eat or drink? Or, would you...."

"Just tell me what the fuck is going on Christian!" I scream. I can feel myself slowly breaking down.

Christian sighed again, "Austin's father, Able Matthews, is an evil son of a bitch. He's been after me since I, bought this smaller company that would have taken his company to the top. Able thinks that I, purposely ruined his chances of being a multi-billion dollar company. The man wants revenge against me so bad, he's gone as far as, attempting to kill me. Now, he knows about you. He told me he would come after you so, I need you here. Where Taylor, Sawyer and, myself can keep an eye on you."

I nod, finally understanding everything.

"Do you think....do you think Austin, do you think he's in on it?" For some reason, the thought of Austin betraying me like that, hurts.

Christian stares at me for a moment before shaking his head, "No. I don't think so."

I nod and wrap my arms around myself.

"So, how did he find out about me? Austin's father?"

I watch as Christian takes in a deep breath and run his hands through his hair again.

"Elena told him."

My eyes go wide, "Why?!"

"I'm not sure."

I stare at him for a moment, he knows why, he just doesn't want to tell me. Yet, I don't care. All I want, is to climb into a bed and, sleep.

"I think I'd like to go lie down for awhile." I say, turning my gaze to the huge window. The sun was slowly setting, making the view seem almost, magical.

"Of course, you can sleep in my room."

I snap my gaze back to Christian who has a small smile on his face, his hands buried deep inside his pants pockets.

"I do believe you asked for, more, Ms. Steele."

"That I did, Mr. Grey." I say, with a small smile of my own.

In seconds he is across the room and his lips are pressed against my own.

"I will keep you safe, Anastasia. No matter what it takes, I'll protect you at all cost." Christian whispers in my ear, through his pants.

"I know you will." I whisper back, though I am panting as well.

In one swift movement, Christian scoops me up bridal style and carries me down the hall to his room. He lays me down across his bed then, kisses my forehead.

"Get some sleep, Ms. Steele."

"Yes, sir." I smirk at Christian then roll over so my back is facing him.

He swats my backside lightly and chuckles as he leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

For a moment I lay there, wondering how long this man will be after me. Wondering if Christian can really give me more. Hoping that Austin isn't in on his father's evil plan. And as I fell asleep, I couldn't help but feel like, someone was watching me.