- 11 -

Stepping into the healer's hut, Jimin huffs and grits his teeth, an uncomfortable tug pulling through his body from carrying Taewoo's body

Stepping into the healer's hut, Jimin huffs and grits his teeth, an uncomfortable tug pulling through his body from carrying Taewoo's body. His gaze wanders to Taewoo's feet, clutched tightly by Jungkook's big hands, veins popping at the mere effort. For some reason which he can't explain, he struggles to look away. His mind is in turmoil. Jimin should rather be concentrating on getting Taewoo onto a couch in one piece and taking care of him, and yet here he is, unable to take his eyes off Jungkook's hands.

You fool.

Not only that, he'd completely forgotten that when they would enter through the wooden door, his fucking gorgeous sandalwood scent would permeat the hut, almost knocking him out. Awkwardly, he coughs as he didn't expect Jungkook's would have such an impact on him. After all, there was only one time where he was with Jungkook in a room after Jungkook presented but that was with other pack members in the room.

Carefully they lay Taewoo down on the couch and Jimin bends his leg so that he can have better access to see better the allergic reaction. Looking at Taewoos leg, he most likely touched a poisonous plant with his hind legs when in wolf form and unfortunately, he can't ask him anything as he is wavering between reality and unconsciousness. Now that Jimin can get a good look at the injured alpha, he can see that it is also possible Taewoo panicked after the plant touched him and he hit his head, causing him to faint. There are several theories that come into his mind. But this one sounds the most plausible.

Barely a minute passes and Jimin gets to work. Now he can take a closer look at the spot on the leg and "in a way" take the time to mull things over in what he needs to do. First he looks for something cool and moistens two cloths with cold water to go around the wound on Taewoo. As he does so, he feels Jungkook's gaze linger on him, but not with as much anger as usual. Jimin can't gauge what Jungkook is thinking, it makes him a little uneasy, he has to admit. All these years he has seen nothing but judgement and bitterness in those brown eyes. Has their relationship shifted in the stone hail?

Does Jungkook see things differently now?

He has to come back to reality, he tells himself mentally, and remember that one person can't just change within a few hours and over one small conversation. Jimin shakes his head, trying to brush off his thoughts. It should take more to convince him that the alpha is changing for the better.

No matter where Jimin moves in the hut, Jungkook hardly seems to take his eyes off him. Whether it's making tea for Taewoo or giving the rash some kind of ointment, Jungkook seems to follow many of his steps with his watchful eyes until Jimin decides to put an end to it all. With his back turned to Jungkook, Jimin furrows his eyebrows, having had enough. He turns to face him, hands on his formed hips. "It doesn't behove you to be stared at all the time you know. If you're here because you want to make sure I'm doing my job or don't trust me, then I can assure you that I am. If you're sitting around waiting for Taewoo to wake up-"

"It's not that," Jungkook interrupts him with a sigh, averting his gaze to the floor in front of him as if to avoid Jimin's stern gaze. Jungkook fumbles with his small finger. Jimin could swear this is the first time he sees Jungkook radiating nervousness. "It's-"