- 8 -

+×+×+

+×+×+

The next time Jungkook has to go on patrol he has already regained all his strength. His wounds have healed and he feels in top shape in this respect. He has already resumed normal tasks like chopping wood, which need his strength. Jungkook had noticed how limited he was before, but this was no longer an issue.

Today, the patrol goes along the river in the forest and the lake, which is further away from the houses of the pack members. In the summer he particularly enjoys going swimming there and feeling the cool temperatures of the water against his warm skin. It is refreshing and gives him new strength in hot temperatures.

Nevertheless, he doesn't seem to be the only one who thinks so. There appeared to be someone else enjoying the cool water, and in autumn, at a colder time of the year, when they have a bathhouse in town. He is more than surprised about this, as he has rarely seen anyone bathing at the time he was on patrol. A mix of lavender and peonies is the first thing he smells and he stops perplexed. There's no way that-

Jungkook continues walking with the other wolves behind him, trying to make out exactly where the smell is coming from. With his muzzle in the air, he stalks straight after the scent until a second scent joins it and they mix slightly in the air. The smells lead him close to the lake and the closer he gets, the more clearly he can hear joyful voices. Jungkook doesn't care if they stray a little from the usual route. His curiosity has won the upper hand over him.

Stepping through the dense trees and bushes, he gets a clear view of the blue lake. Jungkook suddenly stops with a tense pose so that Insu runs into him. However, he barely notices this as his eyes are focused on something else entirely, a fidgety feeling spreading through his abdominal region. Jungkook subconsciously signals to the others that they can go on, which they do– hesitantly. Jungkook, on the other hand, cannot move from the spot.

With a mix of shock and annoyance, he watches as Jimin and an alpha he has often seen close with Jimin and who owns the ocean aloe vera smell, splashes each other topless with water in the lake. Jungkook huffs as he sees how much fun they are having together.

Is Jimin being courted?

Is that where Jimin has been for the last few days?

Jungkook realises that this is the first time in a long time that he has seen Jimin laughing so carefree. It makes him shift from one paw to the other before Taewoo nudges his shoulder and puts his thoughts into words so quietly that only Jungkook hears them, "Seems like there really is something between them."

Jungkook remains quiet and wants to ask how he knows but is just able to restrain himself. Even if he did, what business should it be of his? Jimin can go and do what he wants. With one last look at the two pack members in the water, Jungkook walks on, trying to forget what he just saw with the task at hand. Because just the thought he might be right makes him feel uncomfortable.