12. Together Again

Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie stood there and just stared at Ash. He looked weak, his hair was messy and he stood there just grinning at them. Ash was glad to see them, even though that thought made him upset. He wasn't happy with the fact that they were trapped here now, because of him.

They were thinking about how stupid Rare had to be to put them in the same cell as Ash.

"We-"

"ASH!!!" Serena ran at him and indulged him in a hug. Ash was taken aback but recovered quickly and hugged her back. He lightly rubbed her back to soothe her.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did they hurt you?" Serena bombarded him with questions and he chuckled "Hey I'm fine, they haven't done anything to me" he answered her while looking straight into her eyes. He could see her eyes welling up with tears. He felt his heart drop a bit because of that.

He could see that she didn't trust him, so he added "Well who could ever dare to hurt me?" he asked while proudly pointing at himself, which earned him a slap on the arm from Serena "They did manage to kidnap you" she mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

"Hey! That's mean" he said fake frowning at her. She giggled and Ash joined her when she wiped her tears away. "Hey I'm okay," he said assuring her again.

Serena didn't believe him. Anyone who sees Ash could see how fragile he looked, opposite from his normal self. She just hugged him, placed her head on his chest, and sighed. She was glad that he was okay or at least that now they were here they could go through this together, just like old times. He hugged her back, breathing in her fragrance. He smiled knowing that everything will be alright now. He has his friends with him.

"Okay love birds, we need to talk about the matter at hand," Clemont said bringing them back to the reality that there were two more people present in that room. Ash and Serena let go of each other so quickly that even Electrode would lose against them. Ash coughed to avoid the awkward tension.

"Hey Clemont, you didn't have to break them apart like that, and Ash please don't cough like that, it is so overused," Bonnie said with a satisfying smirk.

Ash and Serena looked away embarrassed. "Hey, it's not like that," Serena said defensively. "Oh please," Bonnie said rolling her eyes "Anyways we need to find a way to get out, we don't know how long it would take Officer Jenny to find us," Bonnie said looking around.

"There isn't a way here, I looked around. But did you say, Officer Jenny?" Ash asked confused.

"Oh yeah, we asked Clembot to ask her and Professor Sycamore for help if we didn't return in a day," Clemont told him. "Well let's hope they come soon," Ash said thinking something.

"Ash, what is it?" Serena asked sensing something wrong "It's nothing," he said sadly smiling.

"Ash... where is Pikachu?" Bonnie asked not seeing the energetic Pokémon since they came into the room "I... don't... know" Ash said while he let out a sigh. He was exhausted, mentally, and physically, he couldn't stop thinking about what they might have done to his best buddy.

He was getting paranoid because of being locked up here for days, it was dark, the foul smell, everything was getting to him and he was losing his mind. When he saw his friends it was like a breath of fresh air.

Ash turned around and took a step forward... he felt like everything happened slowly, he could feel himself falling slowly, and everything going black when his head the cold stone floor. He remembered hearing Serena's voice right before that "ASH!!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh come, why isn't it working" James said trying to fix the device he was holding. "What happened" asked Meowth as he climbed on his shoulders "I don't know, some kind of glitch I guess" James said as he hit the back of the device a few more times.

Meowth was getting annoyed by all the noise, so he went check on Pikachu.

"Oh stop that" Jessie said as she walked in and took the device from him "You are going to make it worse, and I don't want to make the boss angry again" she said as she put it away. She walked to one of the couches, she sat down, leaning back and closing her eyes. She was tired, there was so much to do here and she just wanted to take a rest. She had been thinking about a lot of things, actually just one thing.

"Do you think this is okay?" she asked starring into a distance.

"What?..." James asked clearly confused.

"Like what we are doing? I mean not like I don't want to but I only ever wanted to steal Pokémon. No to do something to this extend" she said as she played with the ring on her finger.

"Yeah, well I have been thinking about it too" he admitted, he had these thoughts running through his mind lately. The job payed well and they didn't have to do a lot but still it didn't feel right.

"Is it weird that I feel bad for the Twerp and his friends?" she asked chuckling a bit.

"I don't think so, I feel the same" he said looking at her. "Well we can't do anything than protect Pikachu, and obviously it's because I think the Pokémon is cute"

"Right..." she said giggling.

"Well I do hope they find a way out, because it's not safe here for them" James said as the sky outside turned dark.

.

.

.

.

.

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. I REPEAT I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS OR THE PLACES MENTIONED HERE.

ONLY THE STORY IS MINE.

_____________________

Thank you so much for the 4.8k reads on this book. I really appreciate it.

I love you all ♡