"What do you have?" He asked.

"Microbiology."

"That's nice to hear. However, the practicality would be beneficial in law, not emotions. Intentions and motives don't matter in tort, but the damage has been committed. So tort is different from crime, so think from several perspectives." He stretched his lips upwards making sure that he didn't offend her in any manner. "I don't know the reason behind your decision to take up law but I tell you law is something very different from others. Making an argument with your approach matters a lot."

Sarah, another student raised her hand, seeking approval to speak up. As the professor bobbed his head fixing his analogue watch, she started. "I agree with you, sir. Nevertheless, I want to know what you think regarding the trolling incident."

The professor gave a knowing look and snickered. "You know my opinion, doesn't matter."

"Sir, please."

"Achha okay. If I was in the driver's place I would have killed the kid. One because it's not my job to punish the men, even if they were rapists. Second, the kid can be reproduced but the grown-up adults might be only breadwinners. That's simple in my opinion."

"I don't agree with you, sir. What if the kid was born out of medical sciences approach like IVF and his parents can't have another kid? Isn't that remoteness?" Annika asked with gritting jaws, controlling her anger towards the no-nonsense professor and his practicality. She wondered how could a human have a void of emotions and noted in the situation he didn't have the heart by showing mercy to the child.

"See, that's another story to look into. Like I said before, in tort you need to look in the mirror and also alternatives." The professor justified his statement by giving more information on the facts of the case.

"But still I don't agree with you, sir. What would you do if someone runs his car on your only toddler?"

"I don't have one. So maybe I will look into this when I have one." The professor sarcastically warned her not to speak of more than she did it now. "That is the topic we are dealing with, necessity. That was the driver's necessity to kill the kid to save five men."

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi you are so harsh. How can you be willing to kill the kid to save the men? Would you do the same if it was your child or someone close to you?"

"Ms Tripati out of the class now!" He exclaimed banging his palms on the podium wall.

Rolling her eyes Annika grabbed her bags and books borrowed from the library. "You don't need to tell me that. I'm going out."

"Meet me in the cubicle after class." The professor, Shivaay Singh Oberoi angrily told her as she slammed the door.

__🖤__

"I'm sorry sir," Annika mumbled to Shivaay. He jacked up his head and looked at her for a few seconds and then proceeded to do his work.

"KS sir I believe that you need to speak to your mentee regarding the emotions that have to be used in professional development," Shivaay told the said professor with the brightest smile.

Dr Krishna Shankar, aka K S, frowned upon hearing about his favourite student. Annika was a brilliant and sharp student and whatever she spoke, always held some logical weight in it. He was honestly surprised to hear some negative responses from her course professor.

"It won't repeat. I am shameful that I took your full name in the class, and harmed your reputation. You may also file a suit for defamation in torts. I won't resist with any defence." She pleaded shamefully with her head hung low and fingers wrapped around her sling bag.