Magician's instincts were yelling at him to flee from the monster, but his body was scared stiff and he couldn't move a muscle.

Creature got to Spencer, cocked his head with curiosity and gently sniffed man's cheeks. After that, he licked magician's face.

- Yuck! Stop it, it's disgusting! - Spencer growled and pushed creature's head back with his hands. Man-deer looked at magician in puzzlement, but then he placed his head on man's lap, rubbing it slightly with his chin.

Spencer hesitantly petted creature's head, it grunted in pleasure and its tail wiggled. Man put deer's hair back from his eyes, creature looked up at him with his emerald green eyes, which had horizontal pupils. It looked quite creepy, Spencer quickly covered them back with creature's hair.

Creature then sat up straight and took one of many cards strewn all over the ground. He then tried to recreate the trick man did earlier, but of course he wasn't able to.

Man chuckled softly and having took the special card for this trick, shown it to the creature. Deer became amazed, it's tail was wiggling. Magician then pulled an apple from behind the creature's ear and gave it to him.

While deer creature was feasting on the given fruit, Spencer got up and combed the prairie in search of more creatures like that youngster. He didn't find any, so where did deer come from?

He yelped, hearing heavy huff behind him. He turned around and faced the creature, which was sniffing him intensively. Man patted deer's head, it purred in comfort.

Spencer turned his footsteps towards the circus, with creature following him of course. But magician didn't mind, he actually was joyful, knowing that the deer might be a solution for their problem.

***

Autumn was drinking water, when shy voice asked:

- Do you think that deer faun will be enough for our audience?

Intrigued ringmistress turned around and saw Spencer with gigantic creature standing behind him. She spat the water out and began to choke.

Magician quickly got to her and swatted her back few times. Autumn looked at the creature with widened eyes.

- Spencer, what is this?! - she asked, pointing at the deer. Noise drew crew's attention, they came to the source of the screaming. Seeing creature, they became speechless and awestruck. Deer was staring at them with smile, his tail was wiggling from the fact that all eyes were on him.

- I don't know what he is, but I know for sure that he'll save our circus from fall. He's something what people will remember! - Spencer said. Ringmistress slapped magician in the cheek. Man was taken aback by this gesture and looked at her with confusion.

- Are you out of your mind?! I won't humiliate this beautiful creature by showing him to people as a freak! - Autumn growled.

- No, I didn't mean a freakshow! Let's make him a part of our crew. We'll teach him everything we know and he'll become our success! - Spencer presented his idea.

- Are you sure? We don't know what he is, what if he's some kind of a demon? - ringmistress hesitated.

- I think that if he was a demon, he would have killed us long ago - Spencer replied.

He then took her hand and having dragged her to the deer creature, placed her palm on creature's head. He asked her to pet deer's hair, she did as he said. Creature flopped onto his side and exposed his belly.

Circus team was now petting, hugging, caressing creature, which was on cloud nine now. He was purring and making cute sounds, his tail was wiggling like crazy.

- Do you still think he's an evil demon? - Spencer asked with a smirk.

- Okay, you were right. But I still don't think that it's a good idea. What if people overwhelm him? - Autumn asked.

- Please, look at him! He loves being in the spotlight, isn't that right you big cutie? - Yanka cooed.

- And we promise we won't treat him like an animal and we will respect his boundaries - Blake added, snuggling with the creature.

Autumn bit her down lip. She still had her doubts, but decided to let creature perform this night, then she'll see what to do next.

- Fine, you've won. He'll perform tonight - ringmistress said.

Others cheered, creature joined them, making a loud squeal.

- What should we name him? - Andre asked.

- I think Bambi will fit him just perfectly - Spencer said.

- Cute name for an adorable creature. Does anyone have any objections? - Yanka asked. Everybody agreed it was a great idea.

And so Bambi joined the circus. What crew didn't know, was that they've helped him more than he was about to help them, as he was no longer alone.