Chapter 11

"The castle looks so much prettier at night, doesn't it sister?" Keith asked his sister who was shifting uncomfortably in her place, unbeknownst to him.

Katarina wore a red long sleeved dress that covered her entire collar bone and neck area. The middle of her dress was black, while the red parts were sewn over like a large coat. Her hair was being pulled back by a red bow with a gold middle.

Keith was also wearing a red outfit. His entire outfit was reminiscent of Regency era clothing, with her upper coat being a lighter shade of red with golden buttons while his inner shirt and pants were white.

They were currently standing outside on the castle grounds. Many guests and their carriages were slowly entering the grounds, while several people of Nobility were already chatting about on the grounds or walking up towards the castle stairs. Their mother and father were still busy conversing with another noble family, leaving the Claes siblings to admire the castle by themselves.

"Yeah... It looks really nice, kind of like a fairy tale huh?" Katarina answered while trying to hide her discomfort.

Keith recognized the strange strain on his sister's voice. He looked at her with worry.

"Is something wrong?"

"No no! I'm... I'm just a little nervous I guess..." Katarina lied.

"Is it because we're at the castle of the Prince whose proposal you rejected? Prince Gerald is fine with it now isn't he?"

"Yeah, HE'S fine with it,"

"Oooh... Alright yeah I understand. Don't worry sister, I'll be right by your side to drag you away if ever someone in the royal family tries to scrutinize you!" Keith stated as he jokingly did a salute.

"And I'm sure our Keith will do a wonderful job protecting his big sister Katarina!" Their mother suddenly stated as she walked towards them.

Keith quickly walked towards their mother and hugged her by the legs, given how short he was compared to her.

Millidiana was wearing a long, fitted, royal blue, heart tubed mermaid dress with sapphire earrings and a necklace to match. The boddess of her dress was studded with many small crystals, giving it a shimmering effect. Her hair had clips of sapphires holding back her bangs. Katarina couldn't help but stare at her mother's dress, admiring the sparkles.

'Sparkly. Squirrel brain likey.

Also, it's so weird just how not distinct this time period is like I'm pretty sure Mermaid Dresses didn't exist alongside poofy dresses.'

"I promise I'll do my best!" Keith stated as he gave his mother one of his signature cute looks.

Duchess Millidiana smiled brightly then patted Keith on the head. She then turned her attention towards Katarina.

"And my dear, don't worry. I'm sure none of the guests nor royalty will question nor scrutinize you. I'll make sure of it." She assured before patting Katarina on her head.

Katarina pouted then nodded. She enjoyed all this comfort, however her nervousness towards seeing so many guests and royalty wasn't the reason for her discomfort.

"It's time we go inside my dear." Their father suddenly stated as he wrapped his arm around Millidiana's waist.

"Of course, let's away!" Their mother cheerfully stated.

They began walking up the stairs, paying mind towards the lovely flowers and plants planted about. Normally these circumstances would relax Katarina, but her problem was taking up most of her thoughts.