Chapter 3

It has been a month and a half since Katarina was reincarnated into this world. It has also been a month and a half since she started practicing and honing her magic. Today however, she was in the library studying all that she could to enhance the power of her magic. It was Saturday, one of the days where she couldn't practice in order to rest her magic.

Even though the progress has been slow, it has also been steady. Before she could only do a small earth bump, now she can trail along the earth like a snake in varying sizes. She prides herself with the progress her magic has shown.

"But it's still not enough..."

"What's still not enough my Lady?" Ms. Ann asked as she set down a tray of peppermint tea and sweets on her table.

Katarina set aside the second volume for 'Earth Magic and Its Possible Branches' and stared happily at the tray of sweets.

"Oh, uhm... I was talking about my magic actually," Katarina answered.

"Well you've definitely improved since your first practice, the field slowly becoming barren is proof of that," Ms. Ann jokingly said.

"I wonder if I could make the grass grow a bit? Could that be possible? I mean, of course it IS possible but I'm curious if it's possible for ME to do it,"

"I have heard of powerful Earth Sorcerers who have been able to command nature at their will, however I'm not so sure how they came about with such skill,"

"I truly believe that it must be because of practice. I can conjure up a mountain now when I could barely scathed the earth on my first try." Katarina answered as she cheerfully sipped her tea.

"However, I'm not sure if practice is enough for me. I was born with weak magic,"

"But your magic grew stronger, did it not?"

"It did, but I wonder if I can make it grow stronger,"

"Lady Katarina, you are the most stubborn child I have had to face in quite a long time. I refuse to believe you won't even try," Ms. Ann stated cheekily at Katarina.

Katarina shot her back with a mischievous smile. Ms. Ann can't remember when it happened, but she's suddenly felt comfortable enough around Lady Katarina to joke about her predicament. Lady Katarina never seems to mind, and in fact she seems to enjoy her humor.

"You're right, I never stopped before and I won't stop now,"

"You can't go out to practice today however, we wouldn't want you to end up weakened now would we?"

"I know I know, I promise to take it easy today," Katarina answered.

Katarina did not in fact take it easy today. After afternoon tea with Ms. Ann, she immediately ran towards the almost barren field to test something.

| As an Earth Magician, you hold the power to communicate with nature itself. It only takes a few sessions of honing your magic to nature and letting it know that you wish to control it. However, you must remember that controlling nature is not an actual form of magic, for nature is not an element but a vital part of our physical world.|

While the first volume of the book she was reading talked about fundamentals and strengths in Earth magic only, the second volume teaches possibilities of commanding nature as well as Earth.

Katarina stood over the field with earth patches scattered around. She had learned to flatten earth back again to not make the fields not as messy as it was, however the damage was still apparent through the bald spots on the ground.

Katarina kneeled on the field, raising her awareness around. The wind was blowing softly, making a soft whistling noise you would never notice unless you really listen. The leaves on the trees swished around, making delicate sounds. As for the grass, it was swaying slightly along the wind.