A small yell escaped her lips as she fell forwards, tripping over the raised wooden threshold.

Arms were around her again as they steadied her until she was upright again. She lifted her head and saw that Jin was the one who had caught her.

"Will you please stop falling?" He started, letting go of her shoulders but did not pull back yet. "What if there isn't someone around to catch you?"

"My apologies." Yun curtsied, keeping her head low as her face caught on fire. She was fairly certain that Jin had noticed the blush on her face, but he said nothing on it. They kept quiet as they descended the stairs together, Jin turning over to keep an eye on Yun.

It was then she realised that this was the first time that she had seen without a high barette that he normally tied his hair in, nor the different types of bronze armour that he had donned.

He had worn a rich purple robe that was structured, the edges accentuating his shoulders perfectly. Striking silver embroidered was all around the collar, and the belt that he wore was studded with a single jewel. His hair just flowed over his shoulders in contrast to the way he'd pulled his hair up completely during the other times she'd seen him

"Did you have dinner yet?"

"No." She blinked, lowering her gaze so as not to be caught staring at him.

"Do you mind joining me then?"

═════════════════

The Royal City was stunning. Red lanterns lined the sky from the balconies of the shops on the streets. Fireworks were occasionally shot as well, sometimes startling Yun when they were too loud. Street vendors lined every road they turned onto as they walked slowly to take in all of the sights.

Yun found herself watching the street performers with awe and interest as well as they drew crowds to them. One of them spewed fire as Yun and Jin walked past, brightening their surroundings momentarily. People jostled around them as well, almost filling up the streets. Occasionally, there would be a horse that rode through, and they'd have to move to the sides to avoid the fast animals.

She glanced over to Jin, and saw him looking at her with a funny look that Yun could not pinpoint on his face. But in her dreams, she was sure that Yufan was wearing such a look sometimes when he looked at her as well.

"What?"

"Nothing." Jin blinked and looked away, maybe a bit too hastily. "You seem to be enjoying yourself a lot."

"I am." She nodded. In comparison to the Royal City, Guiying was a very peaceful town. And even if there were any festivals, it would still be on the calmer and serene side compared to the lively cheerful atmosphere here.

The both of them walked silently after that, making their way onto one of the main streets. But there, the amount of people had suddenly increased, and soon they had to be very lithe on their feet to avoid being jostled as the crowd milled about around them.

Someone bumped into Yun, and she took a few steps backwards, knocking into Jin. Yun saw that he glared at the man that walked past, but his gaze softened as he looked down at Yun again.

"Can I?" He held out a hand.

"I shouldn't—" Yun was again bumped into by someone, sending her a few steps forward to regain her balance again. This time, although the vendor did apologize to her, Jin still seemed to look unhappy.

"Take my hand, please." Jin offered again, reaching out for hers. She just remained silent however, and Jin sighed. Without waiting for an answer this time, he wrapped his hand around hers and pulled her closely behind him as they made their way towards one side of the street.