Chapter 6

This specific time skip is brought to you by Jacksepticeye's Top of Morning coffee and both Markiplier's podcasts that can be found on Spotify and Apple Podcasts (i think at least) and apon closer expection of the palace it turns out that the black colours that were on the palace were not apart of it, its darkmess ink (at least that's what I think it should be). Anyways, you've unfrozen the the warden of Pristine Peaks, as known as Captain Orion. He explains that 'the girl' is trapped inside with whoever pushed him out, Beep-O suggested that he could come with you guys to find... whoever he's looking for, to which he accepts.

Where're you guys now? You guys have walked into the ballroon where two rabbid statues stood in the middle, both holding some kind of mirrors? Perhaps this was a puzzle, you thought to yourself.

"Ah! This must be the ballroom. Imagine all of the lively waltzes, polkas and fox-trots that took place here!" Beep-O said so excitedly.

"Yeah wow, pretty crazy." Rabbid Peach said sounding not very enthusiastic.

"What's with the statues holding mirrors?" You asked as you pointed out the matching golden mirrors.

"Ah, you see y/n no ballroom is complete without an elaborate locking mechanism to the upper floor, those mirrors must be apart of it. Divas often locked themselves behind doors like these, so ballroom architects devised ways to unlock them using switches." Beep-O explained happily as you all intently listened.

"There seems to be two other doors aswell Beep-O." Luigi pointed out.

"What are we waiting for? Let's find out where they lead!" Chris said with the same level of enthusiastism as Beep-O.

"Maybe we'll find a book on ballroom etiquette!" Beep-O added still enthusiastically.

So as a group you all went through one of the side doors to look for the first switch, as the group walked on Chris wanted to mend thing with Edge as he regrets his behaviour towards her earlier.

"Hey Edge, I wanted to tell you something. I'm very sorry about how I've treated you beforehand and... I really hope we can be friends?" Chris asked Edge while trying to hide his nervousness.

"Yeah of course, kinda thought we did that back at the mountain." Edge replied while seemed to be distracted by something else, Chris noticed this.

"Is something wrong?" Chris asked her curiously, the rest of the group has made it to a hallway with fog covering the ground.

"Yeah it's just... I can sense that something, or someone is following us." Edge replied lowering her voice, Chris's ear then twitched to a movement that was quiet enough for him to only hear.

"Well now that you've mentioned it, I sensed it too." Chris said with his voice also lowered, they've been with the group this whole time.

You then suddenly felt something cold touch the back of your neck, making you shiver, you turned around very fast but saw no one behind you, then you felt something cold again in the same spot, this time like as if someone had a hold of the back of you shirt. Suddenly you were lifted of the ground!

"Oh shit! Guys help!" You called out in a panic, the culprit that was holding you in the air then revealed herself as a ghostly Rabbid.

"Seems like I've found another keeper!" The ghostly female Rabbid said playfully before giving the rest of your group a good scare, Luigi was the most scared as he was so spoked that he jumped into Chris's arms without thinking, Chris luckily had a good hold of Luigi to ensure either Luigi or both of them didn't fall.

Taking you with her, the Ghostly Rabbid then flew away from the group, carefully but quickly Chris put down Luigi and tried to run after the ghost rabbid, but when he turned the corner both of you were gone, your group could hear her giggle echo throughout the palace.