Even after all he's put my family through, I was willing to give him another chance because of Axarii. I offered him a chance to move somewhere with you, as long as he agreed to leave us alone. And you know what he said?" He asked me.

I didn't need to hear it from him, I already knew what my dad said.

"He went on and on about needing a bigger family. Saying that I was in the way of him and Axarii's love life... and the fact that he was so serious pissed me off even more. Your dad chose to die by my hands believe it or not.

He said that if I were to let him go, he would take them away from me again. Before I killed him, he wanted to make something for you. You may think that I'm cold hearted, but I thought about you too.

If the roles were switched, I would want someone to do that for me. I would want there to be less pain for my children as much as possible. Your father had gone through a lot in the past that made him that way. He wasn't in his right mind... I know that this may sound selfish, but I needed to protect my family.

I told Gabriel and Tanya to give the things he made to you when you were at least sixteen. I should have checked up on you, just to see how you were coping but I didn't. " He explained.

My heart hasn't felt this heavy since I first found out that my dad was dead. Gabriel and Tanya hid all of this from me... but why?

I was brought out of my trance when a hand was placed on my shoulder, looking up it was Axarii who had a sad smile on her face.

Before I knew it she pulled me up from the couch and hugged me, "I'm so sorry sweetheart. I wanted you to live a new life and be happy... but you've been suffering this entire time." She whispered out.

I couldn't stop the tears that were streaming down my face as I hugged her back.

"I wish I had a real family," I sobbed.

"We're your family Bella. If you ever need anything, we will be right here... Cole cares about you believe it or not. I can tell that he trusts you." She spoke out, wiping the tears from my face.

I couldn't help but feel guilty when she mentioned Cole. This whole time I've been using him so that I could get close to Xavier.

¥¥

¥¥

"You alright?" Cole asked me.

After the conversation I had with Xavier and Axarii, I ended up going back to the guest room I was sleeping in. Cole was dropping me off at my place since he has things to do.

Luckily, the two promised to not tell him anything about it.

"Yeah."

I could feel his eyes on me but I chose to ignore it. Why does he care so much?