"Eros and Apollo." He eases me back down, but I move rigidly like rusty gears. "Every death and life of a god has to be witnessed by two others for confirmation. Whether it be the god's remains or actual reporting of power deficits." Ares sits on the floor, resting his shoulders on the mattress. Olympian Law? "You don't have to see them, sweetheart." I shake my head. If I was this exhausted, Ares must be ten times as tired.  

I would rather face them now than have to explain later.  Being human meant excuses, but now, it would cut me down to being a coward. I push myself up with my elbows, setting my expression. I've died once. "I'm the incarnation of the Book of Atlas. I met Chaos themselves. You don't have to worry about me, Ares." I run my fingers through his hair, before smiling softly. There is nothing left to fear. 

"I want to." He responds, whispering. A slight glimmer of humor rises to his silver eyes. "You're Mia Williams, my one and only. It should be the least I can do, lovely." I laugh at his words, blushing softly, and that seems to reassure him in the slightest. He pats my hands before rising to his feet. "Don't get out of bed, stay seated, alright, darling?" I nod. 

He turns his gaze toward the hallway, before disappearing into the darkness. I can track him through the apartment, almost as if his powers were tied to my own. I could see his movements in my head, approaching the door as... two others appear. Also stable, vibrant energies, but still vastly different from each other. A loud knock sounds and I hear the door open. 

"Ares, how are you back so early?!" Eros starts, walking into the apartment in such Eros-fashion. I sit up straighter, my heart warming in my chest. "I won't stand for this, I'll send you back to the Time Pools myself. Mia deserves at least a millennial, I don't know why you're--" 

Apollo cuts him off. "Calm down, he's already paid enough." He has. Ares definitely has paid enough for my death as it is. "Did you bring your sword with you? Are you looking to demolish this place?" Apollo questions and I fight back a laugh. The EOD?

"Am I really such a bad guy to you two?" Eros lets out a breath, before sniffling. I hear Apollo sigh. 

"Do you think Hades will let me into the Underworld?" The God of Love asks, his aura changing slightly. I frown, the thought of a part of my soul still residing there making me unbearably sad. 

"You won't have to," Ares says and I brace myself, the footsteps following him hesitantly. 

"You can't bring her back, Ares, it's against Olympian L--" Apollo's golden eyes meet my own. His mouth stops moving as well as his feet. Eros weaves past him, exploring my room for a heartbeat before his attention fell on--obviously--not the End of Days. Everything in my room shakes and quivers for a second, just as Eros reappears in front of me. His violet eyes seemed overjoyed. 

"Are you real?" He throws his arms around me and I see Ares stiffen, almost as if he were on guard. I laugh, wrapping my arms around Eros. He holds me tightly until all of the breath is squeezed out of my chest. Apollo's golden eyes move to Ares, shaking his head. 

"What have you done...?" 

"He didn't do anything, Apollo. I survived the books." Eros pulls back slowly, his violet eyes searching my own. Questioning. Wondering, if I were telling the truth. "They fused with me." The God of the Sun gives me a glance, before opening his mouth. 

"And you're immortal?" I don't break the stare, suddenly feeling as big as the gods in the room. After meeting Chaos, nothing seemed daunting. Nothing should seem daunting, rather. I leveled my gaze, before dipping my head once. He runs a hand through his hair, exhaling quickly. There's a crinkle against the bridge of his nose, an obvious indicator of his emotions. Eros cuts in, snapping his fingers. 

Shopping bags materialized around us, levitating in the air for a brief moment. "I got you some gifts. A welcome back collection, just for you, Mia." He stands, lifting my chin and smiling. And I'm not sure if it's because he worked so closely with humans or if it were because he understood me like no other god, but I let him. Eros has always been an outlier. 

A god living in Olympus that wasn't a part of the twelve. A god that comes from somewhere else, as the End Of Days had told me. He died for me once. 

"Shoo, you two. Go talk it out in the living room, Mia and I have some gossip to exchange." I try to stifle my snicker at his words. Ares searches my expression and there's a sort of relief in them. I try to catch the emotion in his eyes, but he waves Apollo away. 

"It's nice to have you back, Mia. Truthfully." Apollo say over his shoulder, almost as if he didn't believe that I was real. The door closes behind him with a flick of Eros's finger. I lay back down and he scooches in with me, resting his head on his arm. 

"Long day, huh?" 

"The longest." 

"Okay. Night, Mia." The light switches off and I blink. Eros has his eyes closed, chest rising and falling evenly. 

Is this really real? 

"Night, Eros." 

- - - 

hii thank you sm for reading ! this story has to continue bc we clearly know that some things have not yet been resolvedddd 

sorry for not updating but these months have been really stressful and hard for me + killed my writing sense for this story :( but ill be sure to update regularly after! 

don't forget to comment and vote if you liked the chapter! okkkk lets go backkk

her new powers??? 

why do u think artemis's wildflower field is so strong? do u think it has something to do with the thunderstorm? 

ares taking off her armor ahem hello?? kneeling b4 her okie

eros and apollooooo how do u guys feel about them and their reactions? 

anyways, thank u for reading !! stayed tuned for the next updatteeee woo