13 || Living in daydreams

Smut & fluff time!

_____________

Adrien was astounded, actually astounded wasn't the correct term. He pulled away from her, "D-Does this mean what I think it means?" he asked breathless from their heated kiss.

Marinette looked up at him through her eyelashes, her cheeks an angelic shade of pink, "I-I think so." Adrien sucked his teeth, "Marinette, I can't do 'I think so' or 'I don't know' anymore, I need a conformation of what you want" he held his breath while waiting for her answer.

"I-I want to try, but i'm scared." Adrien's heart broke a little and he pulled her into a hug, placing a sweet little kiss into her midnight blue hair. "You have no reason to be scared, I'd never do anything to harm you." Is this because he yelled at her last night? Is this because of what he does for a living? a million and one thoughts rushed through his head only to be squished by his sweetheart.

"I'm scared because what if this doesn't work." She looked up at him, "What if you end up hating me? Or you decide i'm not good enough? Or you decide you want a wife who'll sit there and look pretty?" Adrien could tell she was having an anxiety spiral, and he couldn't stand it.

"Mari, Mari" He interrupted placing his hands on her shoulders leaning down to look at her in the eyes whereas she let out a big huff. Adrien offered her a soft smile, "None of that is possible, you know that right? I love you Marinette, and I'd never expect you to change yourself for me - I like you because of who you are." He shook his head and tutted, "If you weren't outspoken, loud, funny, intelligent, passionate do you think I'd love you as much as I do?"

Marinette let out a small murmur of "no" and Adrien's smile grew, "Of course I wouldn't, I like that you sass me, and bite back at me, I like when you explain pieces of art and fashion shows that mean a lot to you."

"I'm scared that you'll get hurt Adrien."Ah, well that was a problem wasn't it? Adrien offered her a genuine smile, "I'm scared you'll get hurt too Marinette, I'm scared of other people hurting you, and I'm scared of hurting you myself." It was true, the last thing Adrien wanted was for her to be in any kind of pain.

Marinette sighed, "What if you end up seriously injured or even worse, dead?" Adrien snickered, trying to ease the tension, "From what? You being a klutz?"

Silence filled the air, and It was Adrien's turn to sigh, "I can't promise that won't happen, but I can promise to try my best to ensure that it doesn't happen."

Silence engulfed them once more, "Look if you're not ready, I get it, no harm done." He gave her a bittersweet smile.

"I'd like to try but-" She exhaled, as if she'd let out a secret she had been harbouring, "but?" Adrien parroted, "Can we take it slow?" she pleaded, and he could never deny her.

"Of course we can." He responded almost immediately, and a timid smile graced her face. The slowly leaned into each other, and their lips connected, she let out and little whimper and Adrien hoisted her up, legs around his waist.