CHAPTER EIGHT

Octavian POV

I slept some few more days in their house. On the third day at night, Mr and Mrs Parker were on a mission to bust an illegal substance abuser.I somehow managed to convince them to let me follow. When we got to the house,we heard screaming. The voice sounded so familiar. I went in and the sight before my eyes made me see red .Skylar was being hit with a whip that had a metal coating. She was bleeding profusely and it looked like she was about to pass out.I  immediately rushed over to her.No please o-op-open your eye-eyes I pleaded.She just smiled weakly before closing her eyes. Mrs Parker looked over at me before saying. Let's go then,to Mr Parker take care of him.

Skylar POV

The next time he came home, he was drunk again. I was supposed to be mourning over the loss of my mother with him today. Instead, I was mourning over the loss of both parents. He always did this but,like I said before, it got worse on her death anniversaries. This year, he decided to hit me with a whip coated with metal .It is all your fault he shouted.I  felt myself losing consciousness. But,just before I fell into darkness, the door barged open and two  people walked in with Octavian. Wait Octavian?!What was he doing here?My eyes started closing. No please o-op-open your eye-eyes. I smiled weakly at him and finally closed my eyes.