FORTY-SEVEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVENhim again

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
him again

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET STOOD OUTSIDE of Jitters, her hands in the pocket of her jacket and her eyes sad as she watched Iris sit by herself inside. They still couldn't find Eddie, and everything was still rocky after her finding out their secret identities. It honestly wasn't fair. Everything was Wells' fault, and he still hadn't shown his face again.

"You gonna go in, or are you just going to stand there?" Barry asked, snapping her out of her thoughts — he had come with her, but Juliet had insisted she go in alone.

"I don't want to hear another word from you," Juliet replied.

"You would've said the same thing to me."

She sighed — curse him for knowing her so well. "Can't really argue with that."

"It'll be okay," Barry told her. He bent down and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "See you in a few."

Juliet gave him a small smile. "I love you."

(She had made it her personal mission to say it more.)

"I love you more," Barry said.

Juliet let out a deep breath and pulled open the door. She walked up to the table Iris was sitting at and grinned a little at her.

"Hi, 'Ris," Juliet greeted.

Iris looked up. "Hi."

Juliet settled herself down in the seat across from her, but her eyebrows knit in confusion at all the boxes that were on the table. "What are these?"

"They're return labels for Eddie and I. I originally ordered two-hundred, but I got two-thousand this afternoon. Must've ordered wrong." She stared down at the boxes, her face falling. "I have . . . I have so many."

"We're going to find him," Juliet reassured her, her heart sinking at how heartsick her best friend was.

"How, Jules?" Iris argued, but it sounded more broken than anything. "You and Barry have searched everywhere multiple times and haven't found anything." She went quiet for a moment, her eyes turning sad from her outburst. "I'm so sorry. I'm not mad at you, it's just—"