TEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TEN
girl goes boom

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

THIS WAS PROBABLY the best idea they had in a while.

Iris suggested to Barry and Juliet that they all go out to their favorite bar in Central City together to have drinks and play darts. Then, Juliet had the brilliant idea to invite Cisco and Caitlin. After all, they could all use a break, even if it was just for a night.

Juliet stood at one of the bar counters, absentmindedly stirring the Malibu Bay Breeze that was situated next to her. She was laughing at something that Cisco had said with Caitlin while Iris was playing darts with Eddie and Barry was sitting by himself like a loser. They were all watching the darts game going on in front of them.

Barry then approached them with a tray of shots. "Guys, I have a problem."

"We all do when guys like him exist," Cisco replied.

"Yeah, he's so hot," Caitlin voiced dreamily. She then turned back to them, sitting up straighter. "Uh, I mean, genetically speaking. Because I'm a geneticist, of course. Oh my God, do I sound like Felicity?"

Juliet let out a laugh. "I was going to agree with you, and yes, you do sound like Felicity."

"I'm not talking about Eddie," Barry admitted. "I'm talking about this." In super speed, Barry then took all of the shots that were on his tray. "I can't feel anything."

"I've heard that from drunk you more than once," Juliet responded, taking a sip of her drink.

Barry rolled his eyes at her. "No, the alcohol is not affecting me. I mean, I literally feel nothing."

"It's your hypermetabolism," Caitlin announced excitedly. "I need a sample."

"I'll get more shots," Cisco stated before going off towards the bar.

Caitlin dug through her purse. "I swear, I had a vacutainer in here."

"Wait, you carry a blood collection kit in your purse?" Barry asked.

"You have your hobbies."

Juliet shrugged. "She got you there."