𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

•---------•
𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚃𝚘𝚘 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
•---------•

Trigger Warnings:
This chapter may trigger panic attacks, violence, and blood. Please do not continue if it'll make you uncomfortable. Also, this chapter contains profanity.
•---------•

          As the sky remained devoid of any twinkling stars, the only source of illumination for the car on its way back home was the street lights. Karina's head rested against the windowpane, lost in thoughts that seemed to pull her into a deep abyss. 

          The atmosphere exuded an uncanny sense of déjà vu. Rather than being enveloped by the comforting arms of her home, it was as if she was a prisoner, which was about to happen if they didn't make bail earlier. 

          Karina's mind was consumed by a mystery that continued to baffle her: why was she being unjustly framed? The relentless curiosity within her yearned to unravel the mysteries surrounding Kai's accident, but alas, she found herself trapped within the confines of her own home. 

          However, a memory resurfaced, like a beacon of truth in the darkness. It was the video that Bonnie had mentioned earlier, a piece of evidence against her and might also held the key to all her unanswered questions.

          Bonnie's persuasive skills worked their magic once again as the police officers in charge granted her and Marcus permission to speak with Karina. The three found themselves in the dreaded interrogation room, the very same one that Karina despised. 

          As they entered, a deafening silence filled the air, with Karina refusing to make eye contact with her visitors. Little did they know, the detective who had previously interviewed Karina was observing their every move from the other room.

          Bonnie's gentle tone broke the tense silence, "Karina, you can tell us what happened." 

          Karina's lips quivered as she struggled to speak, knowing that they were being watched. Despite her fear, she managed to whisper, "I didn't hurt him." Marcus caught Bonnie's eye and subtly shook his head, signaling her to drop the subject.

          "Uh, so h-how's school?" Karina's innocent question about school was met with a tense silence between the two. Sensing something was amiss, she probed further with suspicion, "What happened?" 

          Marcus finally spoke up, his voice heavy with concern. "There's this CCTV footage circulating on campus through an app, Claire." 

          Karina's heart began to race the moment she heard the name. Memories, that she had tried to forget, came flooding back to her mind.

          "The footage showed you kneeling in front of Nikolai Pierce, appearing to harm him before leaving towards the exit," Bonnie added. Karina fixated her gaze on the table, unable to escape the intensification of her predicament. This is a piece of evidence against her, for goodness' sake! Presumably, the footage had been cut, as it merely constituted a fragment of the larger recording that had been shared widely to frame her.

          "Karina, we both know the footage was reversed! It was quite obvious---"

          "No. It wasn't," Karina responded in a frigid manner, meeting the gaze of both individuals.

          Marcus, perplexed, furrowed his eyebrows and moved his chair nearer. "Huh? What do you mean it's not---"

          "No, I believe it wasn't reversed." Both individuals scrutinized Karina with confusion. Karina conveyed through her expression that she could not discuss the matter in that particular setting. Marcus subtly nodded and regarded her with a grave expression.