𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

•---------•
𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝙱𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝙰𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜
•---------•

Trigger Warnings:
This chapter may trigger panic attacks, violence, paranormal activities, su1c!de, and blood. Please do not continue if it'll make you uncomfortable. Also, this chapter contains profanity.
•---------•

          "Her. The one you saw the night of your accident. Claire Beatrice Heathers."

          Karina's mind was a chaotic mess, haunted by the ghastly scene of shattered bones and bloodshot eyes. She couldn't shake off the feeling of horror that had taken hold of her.

          With a trembling hand, she rose to her feet and stumbled away, desperate to escape the suffocating grip of fear. But the memories refused to let go of her, tormenting her with their vivid details. Cold sweat trickled down her forehead, and her heart raced like a wild stallion. She tried to distract herself, conjuring up images of fluffy cats and endless schoolwork. But the mere mention of her name by Nikolai was enough to send her into a frenzy of panic.

          She tightly clutched her dextrose as she came to a halt. "W-What?! I don't know her! Leave me alone!" Karina cried. She hastened her pace without glancing back.

          Nikolai let out a deep sigh as he observed Karina's departure. It was evident that she was not prepared to engage in conversation. With a dissatisfied expression, he proceeded in the opposite direction.

          Karina vigorously wiped away her tears as she sprinted through the hospital corridor. Although she did not glance back, she was aware that Nikolai had not followed her. Her sole intention was to escape from everything.

          Upon experiencing exhaustion and trembling knees, she settled onto one of the chairs in the hallway. She composed herself and reflected on her actions. She ran her fingers through her hair with force, pulling at the ends. She closed her eyes and contemplated her imprudent reaction.

          Despite the validity of her emotions, it would have been appropriate for her to decline the journalist in a courteous manner. It is incredulous that she resorted to tears and fled from the situation.

          As Karina's eyelids fluttered open, she was met with a startling sight. A girl, clad in a sterile hospital gown, stood mere inches away from her. The girl's bare feet and the IV bag she clutched only added to the surreal atmosphere of the moment. As she scrutinized the motionless figure, a sense of unease crept over her.

          Summoning her courage, Karina rose to her feet, intending to put some distance between herself and the bizarre girl. But just as she turned to leave, the girl pivoted to face her. Karina's blood ran cold as she recognized the face that stared back at her.

          "Clair."

          Karina's heart raced as she stared at the girl with terror in her eyes. The girl's bloodshot eyes seemed to pierce through her soul, and Karina could feel her own fear rising with each passing moment. "Get away from me!" the girl screamed, her voice growing louder and more frantic with each repetition.

          Karina took a step back, but she couldn't bring herself to break eye contact with the girl's red eyes. Suddenly, the girl bolted away, her screams echoing through the hallway. Karina covered her ears, but the screams only grew louder, deeper, and more distorted. The lights flickered, and a chair flew across the hallway, sending Karina running for cover.