𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡

•---------•
𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛
•---------•

Trigger Warnings:

This chapter may trigger panic attacks, violence, and blood. Please do not continue if it'll make you uncomfortable. Also, this chapter contains profanity. 
•---------•

          "What's wrong? It's fine if you don't feel like going to school."

          Karina rubbed her bleary eyes and squinted at the bright sunlight streaming into her room. With a groan, she fumbled for her phone and held it to her ear.

          "N-No, Bon. I will be there 20 minutes tops," Karina assured her friend. She dragged herself out of bed and stood up, feeling the weight of exhaustion pulling her down. As she glanced at herself in the mirror, she realized that she had slept in her soiled clothes.

          "Yeah, no problem. I can wait for you. But if you can't, I could just get you a tardy slip. Don't worry, you'll be excused since you just got discharged from the hospital." Karina beamed with gratitude towards her friend. Yet, a pang of sadness crept into her heart as she realized that Bonnie kept something that she could not share with her. A heavy sigh escaped Karina's lips as she pondered this thought.

          "Bon-bon, you're a lifesaver. Uh..." Karina pondered, her fingers tracing the contours of her scalp. Will she do it? She'll just take a look at something and then walk off to school as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. "I'll make it to lunch, don't worry. I just have a few errands to run," she explained, grabbing her towel and heading to her bathroom. 

          "Okay, bye! See you!"

          With a deep breath, Karina hung up the phone and summoned her courage. She tiptoed into the bathroom, her cast a constant reminder of the accident that had left her feeling helpless. But today, she was determined to conquer her fear and take a shower. 

          Karina stepped into the shower and surrendered to the cascading water. She closed her eyes and let the liquid embrace her body. She shielded her cast with a plastic bag, determined to keep it dry. Rather than battling the demons in her mind, she mastered them. As she emerged from the shower, Karina grinned with contentment, feeling refreshed and at peace.

          Karina slipped into her uniform, expertly tailored by her aunt to accommodate her cast without drowning her petite frame. The crisp October air struck at her skin, prompting her to don her favorite white puffer jacket. After taming her hair and applying a touch of makeup, she emerged from the bathroom, donning her socks and spritzing a sweet vanilla perfume. With her tote bag in hand, she was ready to conquer the day.

          Descending the stairs, the aroma of sizzling bacon and savory fried rice wafted into her nostrils. Despite her hunger, she refrained to ensure punctuality for school. However, her grandmother caught her, determined to feed her before departure.

          "Hey, Karina. You will not eat breakfast? It is the most important meal of the day," Her grandmother's coffee cup clinked as she spoke. Karina sighed but followed her to the dining room.

          "Good morning, Lolo," she greeted her grandfather, already munching away.

          "Oh, Karina! You're late for school. Your brother and cousins had breakfast earlier," her grandfather chomped, as Karina forced a grin. She yearned to scold him for speaking with his mouth full but remained mute and sat down.