T1-2: Heart Man

People that offered their souls for the world's richest are the cruelest but this one in particular hit close to home. Antoine Worrell was not typical bajan citizen, was in line of the throne at that time. As modern technology swept the world, his desires were tangled right along with it. 1800's was an interesting time for the kingdom as it enters new reigning family due to Antoine demised. 

Founding new powers and control wasn't enough for this new royal, attaining more fortune was his only desire. Not caring what cost he would put his people to achieve this goal. Not enough the concerns of the ancestors he turned a blind eye to. How can someone who was raise with dignity and integrity become like this, only one knows and soon it'll come to like.

The Queen Mother rose from unconscious state, she looked around not knowing her surrounds. Puzzled on how she wouldn't know every corner of the beloved land she holds dear to her heart. 

"Where am I?" shivered to herself not knowing the menace lurked in the shadow watching her as she hugged her cold body for warmth.

"I do apologize I guess no one has occupied this little shabby home since...well how long have I been gone." a smirk plastered on his face as he slowly strides coming out the shadow. "The place that I can call mine's... cause well It's created solely on my magical undetected from your modern magic." He chuckled to himself.

"How can this be, we annually inspect the kingdom." She muttered confusedly. He was amused on how incredibly hidden his home was this whole.

"Well, I guess being Heartman is a skill that many can't really possess." he said amusingly. 

As look of wariness across her face as she takes look at the old unkept cottage type home, with dust station across the outdated materials in the space they're occupied. One thing that settled on her mind will she able to survive the Heartman.

"Don't worry darling, I won't kill you for now." As he chants a word to light to old candles around the room. A clearer look at the lighten up room she can guess she was in his studies with books on the walls. A portrait of him and a familiar man standing side by side a front of the castle's door. 

Strange that she feels a connection towards this man she is viewing on the wall. AS he could feel her curiosity, he continued his statement.

"Well, this picture show my biggest betrayal and you are connected to getting my revenge at last." He said angrily.

" What? I don't understand how this have to do with me." She choked out the words. Laughter ring throughout the room as if he gone mad maybe from all these years of being trapped and filled with pain of what has been done to him. 

"On the contrary most certainly you and your whole bloodline, is the one to blame for me being this way and you all will pay for what was taken from me." Slamming his hand on the table next to him earning a gasp from her.

"I was not meant to be a heart man, but I too foolish and got swept up right under my feet." He said to himself. "They didn't do anything about it, and THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!" Tears threaten to fall down his face.

"They will all pay for this...but first I need a source to I can enter the spirit world." He eyes glared into hers. 

"They won't let you come close enough let alone open a portal to the spirit world." She spoke up.

"If you haven't notice, they've been weak for a while now. To the point I could return to the mortal world." She was puzzled, did he have something to do with their lack of presence in this world. 

"It's something beyond us and I'm going take this advantage." He starts to search the walls for books, turning his back towards her. "Don't even ty to move, a spell to freeze your body in place that can hold hundreds of men in place...I perfected it when I was in the mages defense.

She finally realized she could only move head only turning it side to side. She tried to murmured chants that she thought could counter his spell but just made her grow weak.

"I should mention that I can harness your powers every single time you try." Finally found the book have been searching for, turning around seeing her drained from trying to get out of the hold he put her under. 

"Silly woman, I have great advancements for this my beloved kingdom. How can you compete with that, just accept your fate." Flipping the pages of the book scanning what the information that is scattered on the piece of fabric.

"Ah...the libraries don't compare to the materials I kept for myself her. There's no limit to what I can do with this information that literally know have knowledge to." He smiled.

"This will be a surprised to all including myself. Haven't tried with the powers I gain being the Heartman." 

Even he doesn't know his full capability, how can he be stopped. The queen mother thought to herself. Not knowing what to expected. How will she be part of this man revenge plan, will the ancestor step in and assist the kingdom on their behalf or will they be on their own for good.