" m.k I have done my part okay. I received her and i was hospitable towards them. I asked, what  if your old man objects and you said,  i quote ** leave that to us***."

" but mum, this is unfair"

" I am sure you must have dotted your I's and crossed your T's.   you saw this coming. You did"

" it's my first night"

" I know, but he doesn't. he careless, and I will only advice you to go meet him now as he has requested"

" but it's late in the night, what exactly does he wants from me"

" let me give you an insight. He plans to keep you all night. He brought out bundles of papers he wants you to tend to. It  would take all your night, mind you he is supervising. I am going to sleep, you better figure your way out." She said while leaving. I rushed to him

" YA  SALAM. khalifa what was that about" he went in, wore his brown jalabiya and made to the door

" KHALIFA" I screamed and he halted facing the door

" talk to me "

" you had a rather tiring day. Switch off the lights before you sleep" he said as he turned the door knob. I rushed to his front with my back leaning  to the door.

" please talk to me"

" I pray to ALMIGHTY GOD for every of my decisions. I know I haven't made a mistake by marrying you. " he said placing a kiss on my forehead,

" turn off the lights before you sleep." He said again, this time slightly pushing me away from the door so that he gains access out. I walked back and fell on the bed as tears poured like a river on my face. I could feel the bedspread get wet, but I careless about it. I am the cause of every pain he might go through. I wish I didn't show up in his life. I wish I didn't go to that hospital. I wish I didn't get on that booktrip. I wish I had an insight.

Khalifa

Just like mum said, he had piles of papers waiting for me, I could already see him from the balcony. I walked down gradually, thinking of what to do. I went  to the kitchen and got two mugs of coffee since we are staying all night.

" salaam. goodevening general"  he ignored me. I placed the other mug next to him. He looked at me briefly and continued what he was doing.

" here.  I need you to sort out these. I want all the filing  from all rankings. Officers, lieutenant, captains, the cardets, sergeants, recruits, and the recent nda graduates.  Also see all their assignments and those that executed it.  see their medical reports. Comfirm those that are healthy from those that claim to be healthy by serious examination. You are a doctor which makes everything better. I need this first thing tomorrow morning"

" yes sir" I said and he rather looked surprised. I am aware he is intentionally frustrating me, hurting me  and trying to get on my nerves. However,  This is what i wont do,  budge.  I won't trade that to earn his curse. He knows me fully well that this is the point I would be rude and do all sort of things. But I won't.  I will take it however it comes. I watch him stand up and left. I started to bury my self in work, but I wasn't concentrating, I had to redo some checkings  over and over again. It's been an hour and my head is not straight. I am terribly tired from the day's activities, my head is blurry.
                  I start to think of sana and gradually, I regained my senses. Wow how magical. So I continued from the day we met, down to moments ago while we were in the bathroom,  All the arguments and her little mesmerising stubbornness. Remembered when I told her we would be using same brush and she objected like crazy,  I had to tell her she should feel privileged that I intend to share a toothbrush of all things  with her. I stopped and laughed so hard hoping I am not waking anybody. I could hear my own laughter echoing. Thinking of this girl alone is my drug. No time I don't feel nice having her thoughts in mind. Work was going excellent and fantastic. I drank both mugs and had another refill.
By 3:30 I was done. that was fast if I must commend. I arranged them neatly and went up to my room. I entered quietly so that I don't wake her up. I made sure I prayed then headed to The bed. She was still in her bathrobe. The lights were off so I gently sunk into the bed. Slowly, I placed her head over my chest and surprisingly, a side of the bed was soaked in tears, then I heard her whimper in her sleep. Okay now I am angry because I want to be the last person to make her cry